TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: The KdF ONLY Meeting 21-23/06/18 Bairsdorf, Germany
antonb Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:21 am

Good afternoon all!
First of all big Thanks to Richard Hausmann, Jacek Kraewski and Christian Grundmann! ;)
It was succeeded to get on the closed action under the Bavarian city of Nuremberg on which machines of the third Reich, namely limited batch of KdF Typ60, Typ82E Kommnderwagen, Typ92SS-Wagen have been presented, and the first also remained (survived) prototype of VW38/06 1938 of year about which I wrote earlier: https://www.drive2.ru/b/465626407884554559/

Cars of KdF of different types in the form of "bug" only 1216 pieces from 1941 to 1944 have been produced, at the moment it is known of 60 remained cars, 16 of which have participated in this action, such number of the survived cars since the Third Reich never gathered on one platform, and 11 of them, were passed on lands of the Franconia Switzerland in the 55th kilometer arrival.
Information about the military Volkswagens KdF can be found from this source.
1. http://ru.calameo.com/read/001352928c04402c3f683
2. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen_K%C3%BCbelwagen

Look from the oldest VW38/06

Both are known, at the left Typ60 1942 years to which the favourite composer of the Fuhrer Hans Linka" and the oldest car of VW on the planet with the oldest VAG engine owned

Two standard colors, Rommel`s army for the African troops and for Moos grün for east front.

Meeting started

"Untouched" Typ82E Kommanderwagen

Round-trip

Not the restored car in original enamel of those years with plates of Kingsmarine

The opposite engine of the engineer Dr. of Porsche for officer Typ60 with a power of 23.5 hp.

Photo of all 11 historical heritage!"

The view of soldiers of the Third Reich of the road was such

Process of restoration

Plate and number of a body

Typ60, Typ60, Typ60, Typ82E

Have driven cars into a garage for the night

I with the oldest and famous prototype of VW 1938 on the planet! Perhaps both Ferdinand Porsche and his son of Fairy in 1938 were with it nearby as the first 60 prototypes were often used by them, but this VW38/06 has been transferred as the advertizing company to Konigsberg before World War II.

On a two-day action it was very interesting to communicate to the interested people who keep history, 4 of these cars have been found in the USSR and are transported to Germany where they will be kept by responsible owners. Some of cars are in factory patina and are covered with protective lacquer, the most part from them, of course is restored.
About stories of the cars of Wehrmacht found in the Russian Federation it is possible to esteem here:
https://www.drive2.ru/l/465628606907810840/

Videos:

More photos and videos on my Facbook account https://www.facebook.com/anton.aircooled[/youtube]

finster Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:49 am

thanks for posting this - a fine gathering of Kdfs!
some interesting gear whining sounds on the videos too

originalo Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:53 am

That gathering was epic. Absolutely unforgettable. 17 real KdF beetles united.
A BIG thank you to Richard Hausmann who lovingly organized all that and received almost the whole worldwide KdF circle in wonderful Bavaria!!

VWmeister Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:16 am

I was there along with my wife Peggotty, son Hans and his wife Jen. Along with Alex Soultanis we were the only Americans. Didn't bring our cars but Richard had made nice wall pieces describing them

It was an unbelievable time meeting old friends from Europe and making new ones. Richard is a serious collector and hosted the whole weekend. His garage and car collection is amazing.

Special kudos to Christian Grundmann for bringing the VW38 and driving it on the Saturday tour. Thanks to Jan Peter for letting me ride in his 43. He was running through the gears like a pro.

This was a one in a lifetime experience. Except for possibly the next meeting.

originalo Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:57 am

Dick, it was a great pleasure having you on board :D

During the very cool 52 km/33mi. ride:

Five type 60 KdF Wagen lined up:

Six type 60 KdF Wagen lined up, front to rear: 1942, 1943, 1943, 1943, 1943, 1944:

Six type 60 KdF Wagen lined up in front of Richard Hausmann´s wonderful VW garage, from front to rear: 1942, 1943, 1943, 1943, 1943, 1944:

antonb Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:05 pm

Dick and all participants: Nice to meet Yu guys! See you in next meeting with your cars in Germany.

KdF1 Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:11 am

It was an awsome trip. What an opportunity for all us owners to look and compare the details between cars parked right next to each other! To actually meet each owner who knows their car so intimately was fantastic. Great folks from around the World. What a great drive we took too! Thanks for that ride Mark and Thanks again to Richard for putting this all together for us! Will always remember this trip!

rod_vw Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:10 am

Thanks to Richard for allowing me to attend this wonderful event.

DDub Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:53 am

Thanks for the pictures, looks like a special meeting. Were you able to park the cars by serial number to compare the progression from beginning to end? I have been able to do that with another brand of car I own. It shows lots of small changes.

antonb Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:56 am

DDub wrote: Thanks for the pictures, looks like a special meeting. Were you able to park the cars by serial number to compare the progression from beginning to end? I have been able to do that with another brand of car I own. It shows lots of small changes.

Not at all, soon official video will be posted here.

antonb Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:12 am

Very crazy Aircooled brothers ;-)
Ondra Brom (Czech Rep.), Me (Russia), Christian Grundmann (Germany), Jacek Kraewski (Poland).

I am inside famous VW38/06 on the Earth ;)

In Richard Hausmann`s KdF 82E 1943 found in Russia and restored by Jacek Kraewski (Amazing work! Thanks Jacek!)