TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: VVA All VW Car Show - 8/5/18 - Acton, Maine Page: 1, 2  Next
APPLEGREENVW Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:37 am

Sunday August 5, 2018 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Acton Fairgrounds
550 ME-109
Acton, ME 04001

http://the-bug-club.webs.com/apps/calendar/showEve...6month%3d7

From Club Facebook Page:
https://www.facebook.com/events/559170341110517/
Quote: Where?
Rt. 109 at the Acton Fairgrounds in Acton,Maine.
ALL VWS are welcome to show.
$10.00 per vehicle and driver
$3.00 General admission and under 10 free.
Show times are 9AM-3PM.
Registration closes at 11:30AM.
Voting ends at 12:30PM.
Awards at or before 3PM.
Awards 1ST-3RD in 20 classes. including a German class for Audis,Porsche,BMW etc
We have the 50/50 raffle.
New parts and swap meet area.
LOOKING FOR MORE VENDORS!! No vending near show vehicles. This is an FAMILY oriented event. NO DRUGS OR ALCOHOL ALLOWED!
For more information please contact Becky Lewis at [email protected] or Dave Wallace (207)353-6094
This is an RAIN OR SHINE EVENT..THINK SHINE!! :)

turbotype1 Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:47 pm

A new class for BMW,Porsche and Audi……
Way to screw up a good show :roll: :roll:

APPLEGREENVW Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:07 pm

turbotype1 wrote: A new class for BMW,Porsche and Audi……
Way to screw up a good show :roll: :roll:

I think its a great idea, for the new class. 8)

turbotype1 Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:47 am

To each his own...
I've got nothing against those cars……. But, It's called an "All VW" show for a reason….

EasternNotch Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:48 pm

turbotype1 wrote: To each his own...
I've got nothing against those cars……. But, It's called an "All VW" show for a reason….

Gotta agree with this. The event is titled Vacationland Volkswagen Association's 29th Annual ALL VW Car show (in caps ) I like those other cars as well but maybe the name should reflect that- maybe all German car show.

whatever, I'm coming anyway even if you add a Corvair class

-Lucas

APPLEGREENVW Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:35 pm

turbotype1 wrote: To each his own...

I think they are trying to get young people to attend the show. Air-cooled VW's are not cheap cars anymore. :x

type2rescuemaine Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:45 am

APPLEGREENVW wrote: turbotype1 wrote: To each his own...

I think they are trying to get young people to attend the show. Air-cooled VW's are not cheap cars anymore. :x

Maybe I'm not as much of a purist as most here on thesamba, but I say the more the merrier! Sure, it's different from the past, but I appreciate all cool cars nonetheless. :)

Stanagon Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:33 am

This is a great show! I plan to be there Sat. for camping at the fairgrounds and all day Sunday for the show.

EasternNotch Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:52 pm

Stanagon wrote: This is a great show! I plan to be there Sat. for camping at the fairgrounds and all day Sunday for the show.

See you up there Stan, I'm planning to drive up Sunday AM. Maybe we can cruise back together after

-Lucas

fez68 Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:54 pm

APPLEGREENVW wrote: turbotype1 wrote: To each his own...

Ya the only non vw cars were 356 porsches even more expensive!!
And really nice. Those were some fine cars.

fez68 Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:56 pm

I had to leave early to meet the family. i had the 68 pearl white westy. Anyone know who placed in the 68-72 bus class? Thanks.

fez68 Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:10 pm

so there isn't one person that knows who placed in the 68 -73 bus class ? I sent a message to the woman that runs the show on their facebook page but haven't seen anything on there yet. usually the results gets posted for a show. iyts been almost a month now . I don't want to seem like a weirdo . I have been restoring this bus for 3 years and this is the first show and I has a class for 68 -73 which is cool. just wanted to know what people think of the restoration.

APPLEGREENVW Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:40 pm

fez68 wrote: so there isn't one person that knows who placed in the 68 -73 bus class ? I sent a message to the woman that runs the show on their facebook page but haven't seen anything on there yet. usually the results gets posted for a show. iyts been almost a month now . I don't want to seem like a weirdo . I have been restoring this bus for 3 years and this is the first show and I has a class for 68 -73 which is cool. just wanted to know what people think of the restoration.

Why didn't you wait for the results at the end of the show to find out ?

fez68 Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:04 pm

Well
My son is 1 years old. We live about almost two hours away. He had been sick with with a 104 deg. Temp the day before and a cough. I got out early that morning and stayed till noon but i wanted to get back kind of early to help my wife out. We also have a 5 yr old. It was pretty hot that day i didnt want to take them up there. I guess maybee next year i can find out. They were calling out some of.last years winners when i was there .

APPLEGREENVW Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:24 pm

fez68 wrote: Well
My son is 1 years old. We live about almost two hours away. He had been sick with with a 104 deg. Temp the day before and a cough. I got out early that morning and stayed till noon but i wanted to get back kind of early to help my wife out. We also have a 5 yr old. It was pretty hot that day i didnt want to take them up there. I guess maybee next year i can find out. They were calling out some of.last years winners when i was there .

Here is a nice vw show to go, if the weather is nice. https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=695844

fez68 Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:36 pm

yes! I went there in 1996? with my 71 sportmobile and I have been going for the last 4 years.(without a vw)
It rains every year !! anyways I have been planning to go to that since I got this 68 westy 3 years ago and finally it will be able to go. I just finished it this spring and got it on the road. see you there!

crukab Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:47 am

fez68 wrote: yes! I went there in 1996? with my 71 sportmobile and I have been going for the last 4 years.(without a vw)
It rains every year !!

Once every 4-5 years it might rain.... :?

fez68 Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:31 pm

ok not every year, but it did the past 2. I was there though with my raincoat checking out the busses. on guy had that splitty with a dirtbike in the back !

fez68 Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:38 pm

crukub. you have the ponytail?
I remember you from when I had my 71 sportmobile bus back in the day. when das bulli haus had the highroof panel van with all the parts. I used to go to litchfiled with my buddy every year and camp down the road the night before. hopkington nh was allways a great show the guy with the mustache that ran it was awesome. I forget his name . again went the day before and camped out . one guy had a late model with dual 40 dellortos and we took a FAST ride to his house on time so my buddy could get some parts off him.

sorry about your dad .
ill see you at the show. keep bussing ,fez

crukab Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:45 am

Yep, that would be me. The guy w/ the mustache was Paul McCarthy, was Pres. of the N.H. club for a few years, Hopkinton was a great show !!