TheSamba.com Forums
 
  View original topic: The official Chinese Diesel Heater thread (Webasto Knockoff) Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43  Next
tilstad Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:44 pm

Just saw these heaters, they seem to come in both diesel and gasoline variants for about the same price.

https://m.ebay.com/itm/Air-Heater-5KW-12V-24V-Simi...&rt=nc

An alternative to a propex perhaps? Pros&cons?

shagginwagon83 Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:48 pm

Only 179$! What's the worst that could happen?

dobryan Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:26 pm

shagginwagon83 wrote: Only 179$! What's the worst that could happen?

You die in your sleep or burn up. :lol:

danfromsyr Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:30 pm

be carefule when they list the fuel as gas.
it is ONLY a gasoline heater if its listed as BENZINE
otherwise gas is a translated word for fuel and they mean diesel.

there aren't any $200 gasoline heaters on the market yet.

but the diesel ones are very frugal and can have a separate 2gal tank easily last a weekend.. though they are more electrical hungry than a propex. and the fumes during the start/stop of diesel can bother some

just buyer beware.. but they do make nice heat for a bus/bug without heat..

[email protected] Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:16 pm

100.00 in shipping and a photo of the unit with flames all around it, seems legit :lol:

nemobuscaptain Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:19 pm

i can't think of any part i'd be less likely to buy a fake chinese knockoff than a gas heater.

shagginwagon83 Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:19 pm

[email protected] wrote: 100.00 in shipping and a photo of the unit with flames all around it, seems legit :lol:

Didn't even realize this.

ALIKA T3 Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:21 pm

People have been using them for a while in France and reported greatly about them on the forum, they`re made in Eastern Europe ( if they are these exact ones) , impressive quality for the price.

tilstad Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:04 pm

Are any of them gasoline Alika?

This one on amazon claims gasoline, as they make you choose between 2 models; diesel or gasoline.

A little more this one, but still far less than a webasto.
https://www.amazon.com/2kw-Diesel-Gasoline-Parking...&psc=1


I think I would like to compare these to a buddy heater and the like. Which are far from safe to begin with.

vanis13 Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:22 pm

I have an gasoline Espar and love it. got a 'deal' at $1500. if I didn't have that, I'd be getting one of these.

The Espar has high altitude add-ons which if you are over like 6k feet really make a difference.

jimf909 Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:43 am

dobryan wrote: shagginwagon83 wrote: Only 179$! What's the worst that could happen?

You die in your sleep or burn up. :lol:

Good thing itís not serious.

ALIKA T3 Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:08 pm

tilstad wrote: Are any of them gasoline Alika?

This one on amazon claims gasoline, as they make you choose between 2 models; diesel or gasoline.

A little more this one, but still far less than a webasto.
https://www.amazon.com/2kw-Diesel-Gasoline-Parking...&psc=1


I think I would like to compare these to a buddy heater and the like. Which are far from safe to begin with.

I`m sure both energies are available.
Retrospectively, I found the company who makes the ones I was thinking, and they look different. The ones here on ebay might be chinese, look at the silver label, I spot some Mandarin or something unreadable not roman alphabet.

These are the Planar and Binar heaters from AutoTerm

http://en.autoterm.ru/

Cobra88 Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:11 am

Don't Laugh too hard guys

You will probably find that most of the "Branded" heaters come from the same factory these days.

Regards
Rick

Tobias Duncan Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:04 am

Cobra88 wrote: Don't Laugh too hard guys

You will probably find that most of the "Branded" heaters come from the same factory these days.

Regards
Rick

Almost certainly true. I have a knockoff MPPT solar charge controller that clearly came from the same factory as the branded one.
Works great however it feels similar to downloading first run movies for free off the internet. Someone is getting screwed.

elizer Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:12 am

Webasto states they are made in Germany but all the components could very well be made in China.

AZ Landshaper Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:23 am

When you really read the ad it reads like any scammy response to a CL listing. Sketchy. Pay with a segure credit card only.

I by you van quik.
Eye by u van for cash mony today. New technoloi leev me so no can tak in person only threw email and I sned Mr Tatum with chek from frend. No worry two much mony you keep extra for fun with frends and party. Let me no quik. Have only small time to make by for you van. :roll: :roll:

candyman Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:25 am

Tobias Duncan wrote: Cobra88 wrote: Don't Laugh too hard guys

You will probably find that most of the "Branded" heaters come from the same factory these days.

Regards
Rick

Almost certainly true. I have a knockoff MPPT solar charge controller that clearly came from the same factory as the branded one.
Works great however it feels similar to downloading first run movies for free off the internet. Someone is getting screwed.


Care to share the mppt controller link?

jackbombay Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:09 am

tilstad wrote: Just saw these heaters, they seem to come in both diesel and gasoline variants for about the same price.

https://m.ebay.com/itm/Air-Heater-5KW-12V-24V-Simi...&rt=nc

An alternative to a propex perhaps? Pros&cons?

They don't seem to list the dimensions in the ad, hmmm, if anyone buys one post up some measurements!

Paulbeard Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:45 am

Tobias Duncan wrote:

Almost certainly true. I have a knockoff MPPT solar charge controller that clearly came from the same factory as the branded one.
Works great however it feels similar to downloading first run movies for free off the internet. Someone is getting screwed.

After JudoJeff's misadventures with a cheap controller, I bought one from Morning Star, made in Taiwan. Last thing anyone needs is a cheap component that could burn your rig up.

I would worry that the knockoffs were ones that failed some part of the QC process but were "good enough" for the bargain brand.

AZ Landshaper Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:06 pm

I think its safe to say they prob fell off the back of a truck.



Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group