TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Rare Type 3 Accessories Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 127, 128, 129  Next
the bad samaritan Mon May 03, 2004 7:14 am

Yeah the cargo cover is like the one in the isp west pic, cept for black. Ill try and get some pics here and post them

Paul

Speedsterboy Mon May 03, 2004 7:31 am

It's really easy, it has this device which you simply slide down and tilt the blind and wipe behind it. It is still easier not to have the blinds of course, anyhow, here's the rare bonnet or front hood trim for a Type3, i am still trying to research its history, the most convincing so far has been South America...look closely at the bonnet/front hood..

and my Albert mirrors for Type3's!

EverettB Mon May 03, 2004 8:14 am

al9 wrote: here's the rare bonnet or front hood trim for a Type3, i am still trying to research its history, the most convincing so far has been South America...look closely at the bonnet/front hood..
That's kinda cool, I'm assuming you have to drill a few holes to mount it?

raru Mon May 03, 2004 9:55 am

al9 wrote: They were official VW accessory here in Oz! They are still available from the original manufacturer who still owns the original tooling.

can you post the buying info? there was a guy from Australia at Kelley Park a few weeks ago who was selling some. he didn't have any for a square, but he could get them. tho', i thought he said they were repops. please correct me if i'm wrong. the visors he had were repops for sure... but i still will break down and get one.

1500 russell Mon May 03, 2004 11:21 am

Best rare swap find cat eye mirror for 10 bucks.
and no Jason you can't have it.

TimGud Mon May 03, 2004 6:32 pm

The only accesory I have found for the notch is a grey Wolfsburg logo'd front floormat that covers the tunnel and the floor on both sides. Never did find any rear mats to match.

raru Mon May 03, 2004 10:40 pm

one of our club members has a rear wolfsburg mat that goes across the tunnel... it is actually made for type 1's and 3's, you just trim it down for the particular car you have.

R.Rabbit Tue May 04, 2004 4:13 am

al9 wrote: Has anyone here seen the 'Rarest Mother' of all Type3 accessories? The front bonnet deco trim?

Not great but the only one I have. Sorry about the link, but for some reason I can't post outside pictures. :?
grill photo

67'squareback Tue May 04, 2004 6:35 am

Does anyone have a set of Stainless front gravel guards for sale?

I have the rears. I know these are not that rare, but damn, I haven't had any luck finding them.

How about this ? Is this an OG item? Cowl trim.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6755&item=2433621355&tc=photo

raru Tue May 04, 2004 7:51 am

67'squareback wrote:

How about this ? Is this an OG item? Cowl trim.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6755&item=2433621355&tc=photo

why does it only fit up through 67? are the vents all that different through 69?

EverettB Tue May 04, 2004 8:02 am

67'squareback wrote: How about this ? Is this an OG item? Cowl trim.
It's an old school aftermarket accessory but not an official VW listed accessory (as far as I know)

Barter_Builder Tue May 04, 2004 9:29 am

I have also seen the ones that go on the rear fender vents. Anyone know if that is custom made?

PIMPPRIDE Tue May 04, 2004 2:19 pm

the trim are new reproduction of an original accessory,

the front cowl fresh air vents changed many times throughout the type 3 model years ( watch for oddities in RHD cars ) basically 61-67 had a non split cowl, then a split cowl, the vents were the same length and amount of them up to 1967-½ then the vents changed to a smaller non recessed cowl, and then again for 70, then again in 72-73 very small... with less vent ribs,

its interesting because notchbacks no matter what year, the rear cowl vents behind the back window never changed, 1961-1973 they must have figured not to mess with a good working cooling system, new vent trim is available for this notchback rear also,

squareback & fastbacks had the rear vents change in 1970 & some dealers installed the dreaded vent inserts in some 1968 & 1969 models to try and cure a cooling issues... ( I believe was a VWOA only issue as I have never seen an european model with these flipped vents )

btw: the rarest type 3 accessory in my book is the round 1500 spare tire tool box 8)

Speedsterboy Tue May 04, 2004 4:12 pm

I don't know about the 1500 toolbox, I have seen several of them on Ebay and yes, they have been changing hands for quite a lot of money but this is not the point, anyone else have the bonnet chrome trim above or know anything about it?
Cheers,
a

vwovalguy Wed May 05, 2004 12:38 am

Here are a few of my accessories. Just for the record, I've had the balls to mount my Bosch fog lights to my car. :oops:

vwovalguy Wed May 05, 2004 1:12 am

Here are my fog lights.

Speedsterboy Wed May 05, 2004 1:50 am

Beautiful! damn serious stuff there on the table....Congratulations!!!
a

notchboy Wed May 05, 2004 6:15 am

1500 russell wrote: Best rare swap find cat eye mirror for 10 bucks.
and no Jason you can't have it.

You suck! Just pour salt on the wound.

notchboy Wed May 05, 2004 6:24 am

vwovalguy wrote: Here are my fog lights.

Other than the picture on the box, this is the first T3 Ive seen with the fogs on. Do they help with extra light while driving? As for the bonnet trim, I never knew it exsisted till you posted it! It must be an Aussy thing? The only ultra rare thing Ive seen is that funny fake grill that goes under the front hood. You never see those eithor. Alex or Ant, are you repoping cat eye mirrors yet????

EverettB Wed May 05, 2004 7:29 am

vwovalguy wrote: Here are a few of my accessories. Just for the record, I've had the balls to mount my Bosch fog lights to my car.
More balls that I would have..