TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Hazard Lights work but Hazard Switch Does not Light
wbailey2112 Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:56 am

When I first purchased my Thing a few years back the Hazard Lights Switch would illuminate and blink whenever I pulled it out and turned on the Hazards. Now it does not. I pulled the little bulb out of the switch and checked it with an ohm meter for continuity (since I really could not see the tiny filament in this tiny bulb) and it tested fine. The contacts for the bulb inside the switch look fine also. I've searched the Thing forum for some advice on this problem without any luck. What am I missing here?

Captain Spalding Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:01 pm

The indicator bulb in the emergency flasher switch gets power from the gray/red wire connected to terminal 58b on the switch. You could check to see that the connection there is good and that the terminals are tight and clean. If that fails, with the lights on, put a meter across that terminal and ground and make sure you're getting 12v to terminal 58b. If you're not, say so and we'll go from there. I'm assuming all the other lamps on that circuit are working, i.e. both speedo lamps and the defrost lamp . . .