TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Public drunk Page: 1, 2  Next
Zundfolge1432 Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:20 am

I thought about mentioning this in another thread “what concerts have you been to lately” but I perceived it to be off topic another it is an issue in itself.
Seems like it cuts across all generations but is very prevalent at music venues where alcohol is served. Most recently saw two different people fall and get hurt because of drunkenness at Robert Plant concert. Several years ago drunks disrupted opening of Jethro Tull because they didn’t realize a man sweeping stage was actually part of the act. More mayhem during a Paul McCartney show with yelling and screaming during a quiet song, they were actually removed by ushers and kept up the noise while being ejected. I’ve seen hit and runs,fighting,puking you name it. Back in my younger days I had a few episodes myself but I’ll blame that on being very young teenager. All the stuff I’ve seen in the last decade has been folks 40 or older. Again at a concert a woman obviously drunk spilling beer waving hands hitting people became belligerent when man behind her said something, she threatened him and cursed him.

So if you spend a hundred bucks or more to go out what should you do when drunks cause trouble. Ticket prices are outrageous, is this the new normal? Seems as though people were more calm when they smoked weed and grooved to the music. We did smell some weed during Black Sabbath concert November 6th 2016. No problems there and Sabbath attracted at least 3 generations of fans, we saw parents with their kids and grandparents 😀

KTPhil Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:38 am

Doesn't happen with weed intoxication, but which one of these drugs is legal? Bah!

KTPhil Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:39 am

Maybe the beer served wasn't scored high enough by the experts, and that's the real problem?
:wink:

Bob Loblaw Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:40 am

KTPhil wrote: Doesn't happen with weed intoxication, but which one of these drugs is legal? Bah!

Both!

Oh.. You meant in the States. Sorry 'bout that, eh?

Bob Loblaw Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:45 am

KTPhil wrote: Maybe the beer served wasn't scored high enough by the experts, and that's the real problem?
:wink:

Makes me think I should start my own weed guide.

"The Strwaberry Kush has an unmistakeable note of the berries, but also a woodsy, skunky after taste, that is quite tasty to the palate, and the potency seems to be very....... high.
9/10 would smoke again.
What was I writing about again? I'm hungry."

jwp67 Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:54 am

Drunks at concerts have always been prevelant. Maybe you just notice it more because you personally are more under control. It probably also depends on the genre of music and the band.

chickengeorge Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:44 pm

jwp67 wrote: Drunks at concerts have always been prevelant. Maybe you just notice it more because you personally are more under control. It probably also depends on the genre of music and the band.
For sure. My best friend and I took his brother in law to see KISS a couple years ago. He got drunk, bought a concert tee, took his tee off, wadded it up and threw it down in the crowd below us. The woman it landed on turned around and gave him the stink eye, to which he replied..."Don't look at me like that, you'll be wearing that shirt to work on Monday!". :lol:

The thing that really sucked is that they eventually "removed" him, but they put him in an empty wheelchair access balcony just above us. He had a better view than we did!

hitest Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:57 pm

jwp67 wrote: Drunks at concerts have always been prevelant. Maybe you just notice it more because you personally are more under control. It probably also depends on the genre of music and the band.

I would admit it's more likely this ^^^. Funny how I wasn't that aware of how people behaved at concerts until I took my teenage daughter to one. :wink:

I took my wife to an outdoor John Hyatt concert opened by the Young Dubliners many years ago. It was at a state park beach area about 10 miles out of town. I do not know how ANYBODY made it home.

my59 Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:15 pm

Teenage and college years I went to lots of concerts in NYC area, including several venues that no longer exist. After seeing some drunk kid get beat up by bigger drunks in Wooster MA, I stopped going to a lot of concerts except for really small venues, or the Dead in any sized venue. Never saw a fight at one of their shows.....despite all the intoxicants available!

Zundfolge1432 Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:19 pm

The type of music attracts certain crowd? Maybe but years ago at a beautiful outdoor amphitheater Chastain Park in Atlanta we witnessed a hit and run before show even started, wasn’t even dark yet.. the artist? James Taylor not exactly a Hell raiser, shit most of the audience was couples drinking wine, kinda preppy subdued but it 1988 the height of yuppie movement . Different time nobody worried about shooters etc.

KTPhil Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:32 pm

PD41 Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:20 pm

How about no beer after the 9th inning and the World Series
game goes 18 innings ? Oh hell no.

TDCTDI Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:35 am

Zundfolge1432 wrote: Different time nobody worried about shooters etc.
Yeah, but that's how you get drunk the fastest, you just don't realize how much alcohol goes into those things. :lol:

This sounds like ZFs version of a grumpy old man thread.

crofty Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:47 am

Drunks at a Jethro Tull show might make actually make it palatable.

pondoras box Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:10 am

It's my belief that there is nothing more annoying than a drunk when you are sober and a sober person when you are drunk.

As far as legal marijuana goes, you cant get a contact buzz from someone drinking near you.

kingkarmann Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:45 am

I wandered into Margaritaville at a Buffett concert...………………..

raygreenwood Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:46 am

KTPhil wrote: Doesn't happen with weed intoxication, but which one of these drugs is legal? Bah!

Yes...it actually does.....because far too many people out there now are not actually smoking simple "weed" like we used to...Uh I mean..some people used to... :wink: .

Far too many are smoking a range of the "boutique" cannabis products out there like "Wax"....which is a currently very popular derivative of "hash" made by packing good or more commonly crappy stems and seeds very tightly into a piece of pipe.
Then you pass propane through the packed weed. It leaches all of teh THC out due to its hydrocarbon solvent...but due to its cold freeze it condenses it into a hydrogenated wax. This is smoked in small waxy rock form like crack.

It has about 30-50 times teh amount of THC as smoking a joint of good weed, runs about $25 a rock give or take....and its affects are from a moderate hallucinogen with heavy loss of motor control. stupor and in many cases unconsciousness and a high that lasts between 12 and 24 hours.

I have been seeing people using TONS of this. It has actually become a problem in places where weed is legal. It a great way to make a profit from something that is normally discarded as unsmokable....and has been causing LOTS of car accidents...and MANY trips to the emergency room.

Other names for this are "DABS", shatter, budder or BHO (Butane hash oil).

This is just one of many boutique weed products that are out there causing issues that are just as bad if not worse than drinking.

https://www.google.com/search?source=hp&ei=T4n...KIITAZVN2A

https://casapalmera.com/blog/the-dangers-of-marijuana-wax/

Also...I see even more really dangerous and stupid drivers who are stoned than I do drunk drivers. Impaired is impaired. Whikle personally I am fine with legalization....I say NOT until they devise a testing method for it and are able to figure out how much is a legal limit and when people are over that legal limit.

Right now...you get a buzz on liquor...and T-bone a car...you get prosecuted to that effect even if you are not over the legal limit. There are consequences.

The stoned idiot...cannot be prosecuted the same way...even when its the same issue...being impaired...because there is no legal limit and no way to test via breathalyzer if its been more than 30 minutes since smoking weed.

Ray

Enkiel Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:51 am

Bob Loblaw wrote: KTPhil wrote: Doesn't happen with weed intoxication, but which one of these drugs is legal? Bah!

Both!

stop smoking all our weed, we're out !

Zundfolge1432 Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:40 pm

I guess in a broader sense you could include any type of intoxicating substances used in a public setting too much is too much. Alcohol however does make people act like assholes, just my observation. Sorry to stray off topic earlier. Actually I have no problems with adults using whatever as
long as it does not hurt others. That seems to be a pretty tall order. Chill :D

Bob Loblaw Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:41 pm

Enkiel wrote: Bob Loblaw wrote: KTPhil wrote: Doesn't happen with weed intoxication, but which one of these drugs is legal? Bah!

Both!

stop smoking all our weed, we're out !

Ha!
I've yet to buy any legally. My local dispensary is still up and running, and currently still not charging tax.
Once they start charging tax, I'm probably gonna start buying underground again. It just seems more natural to buy it on the down-low. Stickin' it to the man, sort of.
Always the rebel.