TheSamba.com Forums
 
  View original topic: Sixties (and early seventies) Karmann Ghia Floor Mats Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
GHIA Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:44 am

lajs57 wrote: PRODUCTION STATUS

Hello Dear Ghia friends,

I made a dozen sets last two weeks!

I am waiting for the 8" carton tubes to pack them, I should get them next week.

Here are the fabricated orders :

60's
ORDER #

R728798003
R701346116
R649946364
R729065598
R139284931

R001626302
R816346412
R467705235
R736692179
R062714592

R689676401
R453847294
R485865872 (shipped to Bnam as his in-laws were going to India from the US last week and took them for him :wink: )

Luis
Hi Luis

It 's a good news.

Unless I'm mistaken, you've never shown the gold color.
I seem to have read somewhere (maybe in our email exchange) that you asked confirmation of the color before production

lajs57 Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:35 pm

UPDATE:

Orders Fabricated

R728798003
R701346116
R649946364
R729065598
R139284931

R001626302
R816346412
R467705235
R736692179
R062714592

R689676401
R453847294
R485865872

R543201223 Curing
R295540896 Curing
R262238204 Curing
R328095029 Curing
R269568822 Curing

R254585309 Curing

The boxes to pack and ship the sets are arriving this week!

I made as many sets as weather and Christmas let me!
The weather forecast for tomorrow is bellow zero centigrades, but the rest of the week looks good!

Less than 10 more sets to go!

Material for NEW ORDERS arrived!!



Place your order NOW as I will only take enough orders for the material on hand. Delivery times will be 2-3 weeks.

As I mentioned before, the material supplier made a minimum material batch that was greater than what I needed. The positive of this is that there is material for the new orders.

As I had to use more resources for materials than I originally planned for, I am short in resources to ship all fabricated orders. The new orders will help this situation. All of you that want to have a set of Karmann Ghis 60's mats (1960-1974), please do it now, as I will only be able to make so many sets. After this batch of material is over, it would be very hard, almost impossible, to make a new batch.


There are still a few KARMANN Key Fobs and Card Holders available. I am sort in shipping funds, please help by buying one!




For now, I will sell them only in this forum, the price will be $25 each plus shipping. I will use these funds to ship all fabricated orders ASAP!

Please send me an email to [email protected] including your name, address and your email, and I will send a PayPal request to you. First come, first serve!

Cheers!

Luis
_________________
http://www.lowlightwerks.com

GHIA Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:06 am

lajs57 wrote: UPDATE:

Orders Fabricated

R728798003
R701346116
R649946364
R729065598
R139284931

R001626302
R816346412
R467705235
R736692179
R062714592

R689676401
R453847294
R485865872

R543201223 Curing
R295540896 Curing
R262238204 Curing
R328095029 Curing
R269568822 Curing

R254585309 Curing

The boxes to pack and ship the sets are arriving this week!

I made as many sets as weather and Christmas let me!
The weather forecast for tomorrow is bellow zero centigrades, but the rest of the week looks good!

Less than 10 more sets to go!

Material for NEW ORDERS arrived!!




Good news :D

The ADAC Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:03 am

Sent ya a email...👍

jbassman Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:14 pm

Quote For now, I will sell them only in this forum, the price will be $25 each plus shipping. I will use these funds to ship all fabricated orders

This is strange when you charged for shipping at the time of the order of the mats.
_________________
http://www.lowlightwerks.com[/quote]

lajs57 Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:42 pm

jbassman wrote: Quote: For now, I will sell them only in this forum, the price will be $25 each plus shipping. I will use these funds to ship all fabricated orders

This is strange when you charged for shipping at the time of the order of the mats.
_________________
http://www.lowlightwerks.com

You are correct, shipping is paid for.

The good news is that I'm shipping as many boxes as I can, tomorrow I will ship 20 boxes!

That comment was just a suggestion, as funds are tight because I had to buy more material than I needed, as the supplier had to make a special batch for me.

From the last post the following sets had been fabricated and curing:

R676463304
R485865872
R780888635
R689676401
R453847294
R224551594
R435653870
R401365972

In the next few days, all orders will be fulfilled!!!!

Kind regards,

Luis

TRS63 Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:23 am

Hi Luis,

Just got the mail that my mats are on their way, can't wait to get them!

Any advice on how to store them, as they will have to wait a couple of years before installation?

Thanks!

Antoine

Peter D. Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:49 pm

I'm psyched to receive my mats. Thank you again for creating these amazing reproductions!

Braukuche Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:50 pm

lajs57 wrote: jbassman wrote: Quote: For now, I will sell them only in this forum, the price will be $25 each plus shipping. I will use these funds to ship all fabricated orders

This is strange when you charged for shipping at the time of the order of the mats.
_________________
http://www.lowlightwerks.com

You are correct, shipping is paid for.

The good news is that I'm shipping as many boxes as I can, tomorrow I will ship 20 boxes!

That comment was just a suggestion, as funds are tight because I had to buy more material than I needed, as the supplier had to make a special batch for me.

From the last post the following sets had been fabricated and curing:

R676463304
R485865872
R780888635
R689676401
R453847294
R224551594
R435653870
R401365972

In the next few days, all orders will be fulfilled!!!!

Kind regards,

Luis

Any time frame on new orders?

carlk3 Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:37 am

At first glance, they look great:



#R401365972

lajs57 Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:58 pm

ALL BACKORDERS HAD BEEN FABRICATED!!!

Most of them had been ship! I will ship all the remaining sets by next week!
I am working in new orders now :D
Also, I am working the numbers for the Sound Absorber batch, I will post where we are after I ship all the backorders.

Luis

67 Florida Deluxe Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:34 pm

Glad to see this thread pop back up, since I hadn't seen it before. The floor mats in my '66 are all in excellent condition, except for the bulkhead piece behind the pedal cluster. Also, mine has the dimmer on the turn signal switch, not the bulkhead, so it doesn't have the left side hole. Can someone buy just that one pedal/bulkhead piece?

-Kent

GHIA Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:39 am

Hi Luis,
I received my set today. Thank very much Luis
They conform to the expected, I Don't know yet if I will dare to put the foots on them 8) :D :D

Thanks again for your initiative

Good job !!!

PeteSC Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:18 am

GHIA wrote: I Don't know yet if I will dare to put the foots on them 8) :D :D

Thanks again for your initiative

Good job !!!

Just a thought - for those with the means to do so you might consider buying an extra set of the floor mats while Luis is in production. It'll accomplish two things - giving you an extra set to keep in mint condition, and help Luis with some additional product sales and revenue.

Braukuche Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:11 am

Just got notification that my mats, which I ordered in November, are on the way. If they are as nice as the ones I got for my lowlight I will be happy. You can order with Luis with confidence.
Thanks again Luis for stepping up and doing this!

csc23 Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:40 pm

Received my mats, they look fantastic! Not to often you can say that about a reproduction part. If your considering these... pull the trigger you wonít be disappointed. Thanks Luis.

Braukuche Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:47 pm

Got mine too, even nicer than my lowlight ones, Luis has it down.

TRS63 Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:12 am

Finally received them, thanks so much Luis! 8)

Antoine

PS: any advice on how to store them (Letís say around 2 years :? :lol: ): rolled as they came?

lajs57 Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:39 am

TRS63 wrote: Finally received them, thanks so much Luis! 8)

Antoine

PS: any advice on how to store them (Letís say around 2 years :? :lol: ): rolled as they came?

Storing them FLAT would be advisable :wink:

TRS63 Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:48 am

Thanks, will lay them flat then :D
Antoine



Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group