TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Sixties (and early seventies) Karmann Ghia Floor Mats Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
c21darrel Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:34 pm

Quote: I missed out on the Lemke mats so hopefully this time I have a chance to get a set.

I would rephrase, "I lucked out and didnt lose $$ on a set of Lemke mats". :wink:

smuenchrath Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:27 pm

I was one of the lucky few that got a set of the Lemke mats before things fell apart, but am interested in getting a set of these mats.

Does anyone know what color mats would have come with a 68 Regatta Blue Convertible with 'Light Sand' vinyl seats? I am going to assume dark brown?

The Lemke mats have a weird shiny surface and are too stiff.

rtroy Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:49 pm

jason_hamilton wrote: CiderGuy wrote: Was this an option ? I own 3 1970 Karmann Ghia and none have the above.
Your 1970 came with the four mats shown in the photo.

If I wasn't already one of the unicorns with a set of Lemke mats I'd be all over this.

Having had both in my hands, I can tell you the Lemke mats are of no real comparison. These mats are like original, the Lemke mats are made of an inappropriate rubber and want to curl up. If I had a car I cared about that takes these mats, I'd go with Luis' set.

rtroy Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:54 pm

TRS63 wrote: Hi,

Wow, now that's a good news! I would like to get one for my early 60 ghia (OG paint is strato blue, don't know the mat color as I jever got them). No hurry in my case, I have a lot of work on the body prior to thinking about the mats..

I will follow it, thanks for your dedication!

Antoine - Germany

I used to think that I'd have time to get reproductions, and assumed wrongly that they'd continue to be available. One of my most recent failures in this regard was thinking that even though I could force the issue and afford them, I errantly thought The Wolfsburg West 15" aluminum trim rings would be available later, when I had more cash. When I had more cash I went to buy them and found they'd been discontinued!

If you know you're going to need a set of these, step up while Luis still has a production line going! I think I'm going to end up with FIVE of the 8 mat sets and one of these!

rtroy Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:56 pm

GHIA wrote:
Here is pics from 1972 US VW Karmann Ghia Sales Brochure, there isn't floor mat

Ah, but if you read the text it clearly states the mats were an option.

rtroy Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:59 pm

Count me for one set, Luis, I'll put it in the 1971 Cabriolet...

GHIA Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:31 pm

rtroy wrote:
Ah, but if you read the text it clearly states the mats were an option.
I based myself on the picture and I didn't read the text completely.
Thank you for the correction :D

I found the same annotation in a brochure on the samba for 1974. It's also an option.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/archives/lit/74ghia/page4.jpg

lajs57 Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:34 pm

Thank you guys!

Good information!

Floor mats were a dealer option from 1972 to 1974!

Ojai63dbl Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:38 pm

1965 anthracite mats please

count me as a number

FL-Frank Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:14 am

Please include me for a set of gray-black mats for my LHD Ď64 coupe.

Thanks!

bhartwell59 Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:23 am

lajs57 wrote: Floor mats were an option from 1972 to 1974!
Well, heck... then I'm in for a set of Leather Beige for my '74 LHD vert.

jbassman Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:38 am

A set of black (anthracite) for my 71 convertible, please.

Keith Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:51 pm

jbassman wrote: A set of black (anthracite) for my 71 convertible, please.

Anthracite is NOT black, it is dark gray. If you are looking for black and order anthracite, you arenít going to get what you want.

lajs57 Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:26 pm

BACKERS /FOUNDER MEMBERS

So far there are 18 responses trough the Forum and PMs

We need more Founder Members to commit in order to have a good introductory price, please make sure to participate if you want a set!

Braukuche Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:00 am

Luis is a stand up guy and can be trusted. I got my mats for my lowlight as promised and they are good quality.

Henrik_v Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:42 am

I'm in for a set of beige for my 1960 convertible (Ferrite brown).

Thank you for lifting this project :D

Br
Henrik

Viktor Cz. Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:02 am

I'm in for a set of lava for my 1966 coupť.

passoa55 Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:32 am

Interested i a set for my 69 Ghia

vw.dodge Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:30 am

Iím in for at least one set of original grey color for a Ď70. I have two sets of early black Lemke mats and while they look ok on the floor, they are inconsistent in their thickness and the rubber is too soft and cheesy. His later grey mats were all wrong as far as the color was concerned. Looking forward to seeing a better product on the market, you should have no trouble selling as many as you can make if youíre able to keep the price within limits.

John Moxon Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:11 am

vw.dodge wrote: Iím in for at least one set of original grey color for a Ď70. I have two sets of early black Lemke mats and while they look ok on the floor, they are inconsistent in their thickness and the rubber is too soft and cheesy. His later grey mats were all wrong as far as the color was concerned. Looking forward to seeing a better product on the market, you should have no trouble selling as many as you can make if youíre able to keep the price within limits.

More orders...lower price. :)