TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Swedish 66 Crew Cab Resto Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
TRS63 Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:03 am

As usual, amazing work here! Thanks for sharing!

Antoine

mabbo Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:20 pm

Haven't updated this in forever, so here goes... I might get some of this in the wrong order and miss bits out:

The rear posts were rotten and needed repairing:

Side panels welded:

Pinned the side panels on and trial fit the gates to mark up where the captive nuts needed fitting in the bed framework. Pretty pleased with them:

Captive nuts fitted as factory to allow some adjustment:

Got the rear bulkhead welded in. Still need to finish folding the seam over:

Drilled the holes in the side panels for the gate hinge mounts, moved a couple of holes in the rear corners, and mocked it all up again before welding:

Got the floor in the right place and pinned it in too:

Making sure the side panels and rear corners are as straight as possible before spot welding to the tub etc:

Once happy it was all pinned in place along with the tubs, rear corners, battery trays etc:

All welded in:

Welded the front of the dogleg to the lower front panel as close to factory as possible:

Got it on the roller to finish a few things underneath. Loads of pin holes to weld up and the jacking points needed welding to the bottom of the floor, but I forgot to get pictures of that:

I think thats about it. Its back off the roller now. Loads of little bits to finish on the body, and still need to re skin the cab doors.

Two Glove Boxes Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:54 pm

Looking good great job! =D> =D> =D> =D>

mabbo Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:23 pm

Cheers :) Started repairing the cab doors today and Rich finished making the closing panels on top of the rear tubs...

Planning on painting the engine bay and the rear of the cab before we weld the bed on while we have good access.

Ill get more pictures on over the next week or so.

Cheers

1970PAKombi Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:49 am

It looks incredible, you're a true pro. I am floored, absolutely floored, bravo!

mabbo Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:12 am

Thanks mate. Hopefully have a decent update in the next week :)

mabbo Sun Feb 26, 2023 10:16 am

So, I need to finish the updates on here... But this truck has been back with the customer a while now to finish the final rebuild.

This is how we gave it back:

ddutch Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:35 pm

An incredible build and result, your customer must be very pleased with his bus. Would be nice to see the bus when it's finished.