TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Growing cannabis Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
ccpalmer Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:04 am

Hello -

Now that cannabis is legal in so many ways and states :D I figured I'd start a growing thread. Any other growers out there? I just started a few, LED lights, peat/pearlite mix. Grow tent and closet. So far so good.

What are your set-ups?

P.S. - Let's please keep this on topic and not political!

KTPhil Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:32 am

What LED lights? Most are not broad spectrum and although it appears white to the human eye, plants may not dig it.

Glenn Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:34 am

You do know that the federal government still lists it as a Schedule 1 narcotic.

So you never know when there will be a crackdown.

KTPhil Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:13 am

Glenn wrote: You do know that the federal government still lists it as a Schedule 1 narcotic.

So you never know when there will be a crackdown.

True, but even the Fed attention is on larger growers operating illegally, not a guy with 12 plants in his den.

Depends on your job risk if you should be the unlucky bastard they want to make an example of!

ccpalmer Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:35 am

Self-employed contractor so no worries on the job front. And I think I'm safe judging by the countless threads and photos of grow rooms on the web.

I have a NextLight Mega and a G8. I don't like the G8 just because it's hard to see what's going on ("purple" light). Love the Mega so far.

I'd like to get a Electric Sky 300 eventually.

c21darrel Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:43 pm

You can have 12 plants?. Thats a freaking forest. How many grows, past experience? Tent size? Light sched? From seed? Clones?
Have you done the math for the electric cost to run those lights 12-18+ hrs a day for 6 months? Curious, i have zero idea.
The sativa is a long grow, dont be impatient. Patience is the hardest for most people to learn (if you havnt done it before).
Are you using nutes? Which?
Have fun, it will be time consuming and always a learning experience.

TDCTDI Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:37 pm

Remember, even though lots of states are welcoming the new tax generating scheme, possessing firearms while growing or possessing cannabis usually carries pretty hefty, mandatory sentences at both state & federal levels.

c21darrel Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:19 pm

Chris, great tip, but I dont think that an individual microgrow will be contributing at all to the legalization tax generation plan. :cry: :) I look at the hobby much the same as a guy brewing his own IPA, pale ale or lager...

ccpalmer Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:49 pm

4x4 tent, 2x5 closet. Clones on 24h light. Going organic, Roots Organics plus other supplements - seaweed, bat + seabird guanos, msc.

c21darrel Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:04 pm

Got ya. you must do a lot of training/SOG to have 12 in that tent and closet.
I know little about lighting, LED, Cobs... or other indoor specific issues. I prefer outdoor. Reddit has a lot of indoor knowledge if you encounter issue.

KTPhil Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:13 pm

You'll probably get better answers over on the Bay Bus forum...

ALLWAGONS Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:25 pm

about 10 yrs ago, on one my first trips to China, I was in LED city, and was offered a full spectrum LED light for indoor planting, DOH! should have jumped on the bandwagon! would have made a killin'! but I rather stay out of the limelight.

Manfred58sc Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:52 pm

Just to be clear "industrial hemp" ( which is just low THC cannabis ) is now 50 state legal as of the first of the year under the farm bill. Regular THC testing and various permits are required but fairly reasonable in price. Soda companies have expressed a great interest in CBD products sourced from low THC plants.

Hemp for Victory!

ALLWAGONS Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:30 pm

isn't there any other crop that has all these "miracle cures, properties and products" like weed? Funny how people made up stuff just to get "medical marihuana" I saw prescriptions for flat feet, baldness, weight loss, etcetcetc. What also amazes me is how people flocked to sign petitions to legalize it, but we don't petition for lower gas prices, lower utilities. But staying on topic, is it true, that you can get aper, fabric and other products? hence my original question.

420GOAT Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:52 pm

look into letting them sleep, 18/6 is cool. with lights gotta keep it from getting too hot. talk to them a lot and touch them as well. i just grow outdoors and whatever whenever, but the harvest process is way way way as important too. careful with the guano, too much burns the roots.

c21darrel Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:00 pm

Screen name checks out. :wink:

Agree about a little sleep time.
The whole process is important. Gotta veg right, flower right, feed right, pH your water, fight insects and deficiencies correct. Harvest, timing is essential. Pretty important to cure correctly too.

iowegian Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:07 pm

c21darrel wrote: Screen name checks out. :wink:

The whole process is important. Gotta veg right, flower right, feed right, pH your water, fight insects and deficiencies correct. Harvest, timing is essential. Pretty important to cure correctly too.
Is it true that you can use Doritos as fertilizer? :?

TDCTDI Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:20 pm

iowegian wrote: c21darrel wrote: Screen name checks out. :wink:

Is it true that you can use Doritos as fertilizer? :?
Only if you ate them first.

c21darrel Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:16 pm

not human, just Bat and Chicken poop.

nsracing Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:24 am

I suppose they go together.. VWs and weed. :lol:

Most people I have met doing VWs also do other extra curricular activities fit for the slammers.

If it fixes what ails you, I suppose...

Read someone in MO planted cannabis around the courthouse gardens. And the gardeners tended to them until someone figured out what they were.