TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Remove brake warning light
dagimp Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:52 am

I'm interested in removing my brake warning light, the B light on the dashboard. It has never worked properly, even after redoing my entire brake system. It's always illuminated, so likely wired wrong somewhere and not providing any safety. Can anybody let me know which wires to remove (not just disconnect) so that I can remove the warning light and not have unconnected wires behind the dash? Feel free to link to a wiring diagram. Thanks a lot!

sjbartnik Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:39 am

The wiring diagrams are all above in the Technical section.

dagimp Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:41 am

sjbartnik wrote: The wiring diagrams are all above in the Technical section.
I meant link to a diagram while providing a description of which wires in the diagram to remove.

Elroyyy Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:41 pm

dagimp wrote: sjbartnik wrote: The wiring diagrams are all above in the Technical section.
I meant link to a diagram while providing a description of which wires in the diagram to remove.

I should think that the effort required to remove the wiring would be the same needed to connect it correctly, no?
As I've read in many forum posts through the years, VW designed and installed everything for a reason.

mondshine Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:57 pm

Dagimp-
Read this:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/archives/info/wiring/D...0Light.pdf

Thanks to Captain Spalding.

sjbartnik Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:09 pm

dagimp wrote: sjbartnik wrote: The wiring diagrams are all above in the Technical section.

Looking at the diagram, that should be pretty clear :D

Gene Kisner Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:03 pm

Rare, but these indicator lights do fail.
They fail to "ON".
Get a replacement light module and connect it per the wiring diagram.
It is much better to have one that works than to have none.

Wildthings Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:23 am

Gene Kisner wrote: Rare, but these indicator lights do fail.
They fail to "ON".
Get a replacement light module and connect it per the wiring diagram.
It is much better to have one that works than to have none.

^^^^^^

Shouldn't take long to troubleshoot just four wires.

[email protected] Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:59 pm

Thanks for this discussion, mine hasn't''t worked for a while, I just never really cared enough to look into it. Now I have a better understanding, I will probably fix it.