TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Deluxe rear seat
RWK Tue May 21, 2019 1:29 pm

Looking for a dlux rear seat for my 62, what makes them different if anything from a standard seat? I know about the luggage bars, what do I look for otherwise? Lucky enough I got the middle seat, but not the back, thanks in advance

Skim Tue May 21, 2019 2:56 pm

Only difference is the 3 provisions for the luggage bar as well as the actual luggage bar.

If it matters I converted my standard rear seat to deluxe in my 15 window build up. I purchased the 3 luggage bar provisions off a guy who makes them in the bus parts classifieds, then measured and welded them in on my standard rear seat frame. Easy peasy.

RWK Tue May 21, 2019 3:18 pm

Thanks, and I found the thread on it, turns out I found some seats, but they are either from the 67 I parted out 30 years ago or they are ones from a swap meet I forgot about, stuck up in the barn rafters, memory ain't what it used to be! :roll:

RWK Tue May 21, 2019 4:03 pm

Here's what I got, went and dug it out, seat back pretty bad, mice got it, springs mostly gone, has the 3 brackets for the bars though, the bottom has matching upholster, anyone tell if its original? Would grey color have come out of a 67?