TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Air Conditioning Cold Again!
Silverghost500 Wed May 22, 2019 7:32 am

Got my A/C unit checked this morning. Last indication it was checked and topped off was 2006. It was still holding pressure and still had a good bit of refrigerant in it. Topped it off with R12, and now any back seat passengers will need coats to sit back there.

dhaavers Wed May 22, 2019 7:41 am

Yup...that's how it's done!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

- Dave

dabaron Wed May 22, 2019 7:51 am

dhaavers wrote:

Hilarious!

my dream is to having working A/C but i fear the cost of realizing that dream. my driver's side a/c wiring under the panel appears to have once been on fire!

baltik Wed May 22, 2019 10:47 am

how do you like that thermometer? battery life good?

dhaavers Wed May 22, 2019 2:06 pm

dabaron wrote: ...driver's side a/c wiring under the panel appears to have once been on fire!
Oops...not good. :shock: :shock: :shock:

baltik wrote: how do you like that thermometer? battery life good?
I've used it for almost 5 years and like it a lot. Battery life is good, considering...I usually go through 2 sets
in a 5-month camping season. I have magnets mounted on the back of each unit and move them around
the van as needed...transmitter outside the van on on shady side whether camped or driving; display
either on poptop latch for easy visibility from interior (camped) or on the dash (driving)...

8) 8) 8)

Trouble is I can only find replacements on eBay for about $15...about double what I paid... :roll: :wink:

- Dave