TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Favorite quotes ... and where they came from Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
HMVWNAB Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:48 am

Coffee is for closers - Alec Baldwin Glengary Glen Ross

J Flare Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:56 am

"They said you was hung"

"and they was right"

Blazing Saddles

Glenn Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:58 am

TDCTDI Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:17 am

Glenn Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:24 am

TDCTDI Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:40 am

Abscate Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:21 am

Im deadly serious.....and ....

Churchill was amazingly snark gifted, and one of the best was this exchange with Mr Wilde..

Dear Mr Churchill - Here are two tickets to the premier performance of my play; bring a friend, should you have one.

to which he replied..

Dear Mr Wilde

I regret I am unable to attend your performance on that day due to a prior engagement, but will attend the second performance; should there be one.

cdennisg Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:55 pm

Churchill was a master of the quip.

I will poorly paraphrase one of his, which is one of my favorites.

Miss, you are ugly.

Sir, you are drunk.

Yes mam, but in the morning I will be sober.

bluebus86 Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:16 pm

"Now hear this, now hear this, that is all." Richard Pryor comedy routine, for a naval announcement on a ship.

Jon Schmid Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:17 am

Abscate wrote: Im deadly serious.....and ....

Hell, the whole Airplane! script is nonstop favorite quotes. "I picked a bad day to quit sniffing glue."

Cusser Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:31 am

Jon Schmid wrote: Hell, the whole Airplane! script is nonstop favorite quotes.

Hell, the whole "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" is nonstop favorite quotes.

https://www.ranker.com/list/the-good-the-bad-and-the-ugly-movie-quotes/movie-and-tv-quotes

Zundfolge1432 Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:51 pm

“Never argue with stupid people they will only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience”

Mark Twain

KTPhil Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:40 pm

Zundfolge1432 wrote: “Never argue with stupid people they will only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience”

Mark Twain

Well, hell, that advice would spoil half the posts on this site!
;-)

Zundfolge1432 Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:27 pm

KTPhil wrote: Zundfolge1432 wrote: “Never argue with stupid people they will only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience”

Mark Twain

Well, hell, that advice would spoil half the posts on this site!
;-)

It’s ok long as it remains civil :D my favorite though the ones that ask a question and get a truthful answer then disregard. Like “what do you mean I can’t use a bunch of cheap chinese shit and make it work? “ But there is some damn fine knowledge here so it balances out and keeps us coming back :D I renewed my little gold star just yesterday so I can support all of this Tomfoolery.

Glenn Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:59 pm

Better to remain silent and let people think you're stupid than to open your mouth and erase all doubt.

allenw Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:00 pm

Discipline is doing what needs to be done when it needs to be done, excellence is being disciplined everyday.

Glenn Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:36 pm

Albert Einstein wrote: "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

"No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it"

Jon Schmid Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:54 pm

“Anything not worth doing is worth not doing well.”
Robert Fulghum

KTPhil Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:06 pm

"A man is only as old as the woman he feels."
- Grouch Marx

calvinater Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:14 am

" my brain? That's my second favorite organ."
Woody Allen Sleeper