TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: FRAM bracket sticker
volkaholic1 Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:41 pm

anuy idea where i can get this FRAM sticker? I can find the other FRAM stickers for the canister itself, but not this sticker for the bracket,,,,,

[email protected] Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:53 pm

volkaholic1 wrote: anuy idea where i can get this FRAM sticker? I can find the other FRAM stickers for the canister itself, but not this sticker for the bracket,,,,,

Most likely you would have to custom it by looking at a company who makes stickers/ decals ...you can look for a local printing shop and printing it for you in the same size and specs and sending that print to the sticker/decal manufacturer and have them make it to the same specs ...but you can become lucky and search here on thesamba in the classified ads under "decals" ....

EverettB Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:54 pm

First, I don't know.

But:
I searched Fram Sticker on eBay and a few ads came up but none with that sticker.
I would ask one of those sellers
Search Fram Decal too

Second, that looks silk-screened on there but obviously a sticker would be easier to do.
I have seen other people reproduce VW air cleaner silk-screens as stickers and they looked good

[email protected] Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:09 pm

And if you were to get the stickers I would clear coat it so it last even longer ...

volkaholic1 Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:29 pm

well i did it. i had vinyl stickers made, i made the image using Execl, yep, you can do way more than just math with Excel, heck i do fabrication drawing on Excel, anyway this sticker has 7 fonts, just crazy, had to build the FRAM word 1 line at a time, the other trick was the ampersand, 1st, it is an italic ampersand, not a normal ampersand, ending up making it from 8 individual components formed into 1 image, so, if you need a sticker, hit me up.

Erik G Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:47 pm

Nice

I had no idea about drawing in excel.

volkaholic1 Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:51 pm

yeah, i should do a class on that,,, look under "insert" then "illustrations" there is a ton of stuff you can do

EverettB Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:58 pm

Nice work dude.

I hope you sell a bunch, I saw you did an ad too - good idea

[email protected] Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:09 pm

You should clear coat it so that the sticker doesnt peel later on as time passes ....👍

wheel607 Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:42 pm

Does it matter that this is a USA Fram oil container? It was never meant for VW or Porsche. They did have their own. Print looks good for the USA.