TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: New TOOL album Page: 1, 2  Next
subhuman Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:45 am

Sooo... its been 13 long year since their last release, the long awaited "Fear Inoculum" album dropped last night a midnight :twisted: , you guys heard it yet, if so whats your opinions???

anthracitedub Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:02 am

🤘🏼Today痴 my birthday... perfect day to release this album.

Enkiel Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:03 am

listening to it since this morning...

gonna sound old and say i like their older stuff better, (more lyrics, less... sounds).

A few times i was like "uhm, i heard that in another of their song"...

It's better than expected, but still rather listening to Undertow or Aenima.

anthracitedub Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:05 pm

Well, I知 certainly digging 7empest! The guitar work is awesome... I値l be working this song out on my guitar soon... after I soak in the album a little more.

cdennisg Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:51 pm

Other than a few sneak listens on you tube, I have not heard anything of the new album yet. Hope to pick it up next week.

No, I do not want to stream it, I want a physical copy for my shop stereo system. May even buy it on vinyl if I like the CD well enough.

Been a Tool fan since nearly day one. I like all versions of their work, for different reasons. I suspect this round will be no different, except for the fact I am 13 years older now. 8)

Enkiel Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:01 am

cdennisg wrote: Other than a few sneak listens on you tube, I have not heard anything of the new album yet. Hope to pick it up next week.

No, I do not want to stream it, I want a physical copy for my shop stereo system. May even buy it on vinyl if I like the CD well enough.

Been a Tool fan since nearly day one. I like all versions of their work, for different reasons. I suspect this round will be no different, except for the fact I am 13 years older now. 8)
There's good in Spotify Premium, i can listen to it from anywhere.

I'm still trying to appreciate it... been listening it non-stop since its release...

7empest is starting to grow on me.... but that's about it.

I'd still rather listen to their older stuff.... or even A Perfect Circle...

I guess it depends on taste. I grew up watching and listening to undertow's album, so the long and, noiseful song arent my taster (didnt really like 10,000 days either)

cdennisg Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:45 am

Enkiel wrote: cdennisg wrote: Other than a few sneak listens on you tube, I have not heard anything of the new album yet. Hope to pick it up next week.

There's good in Spotify Premium, i can listen to it from anywhere.

I'm still trying to appreciate it... been listening it non-stop since its release...

7empest is starting to grow on me.... but that's about it.

I'd still rather listen to their older stuff.... or even A Perfect Circle...

I guess it depends on taste. I grew up watching and listening to undertow's album, so the long and, noiseful song arent my taster (didnt really like 10,000 days either)

I do not have the tech to stream music anywhere and everywhere. Plus, the sound quality of digitally compressed music generally sucks unless you invest in better quality tech (more $$$).

I'll stick with my $50 shop stereo that retailed for over a grand back in the 90's. Though I did notice some fuzz from the left channel speaker last time I cranked it up. Might be time to buy another pair of high end speakers for $25 on Craigslist.

I was not a fan of Lateralus when it came out. Saw the concert and was not impressed. Took me several years to go back to it and begin to enjoy it. Opiate and Undertow were a vital part of the soundtrack while I was coming of age in my early 20's.

Aenima came at a good time, as I was growing up and maturing, little by little. I bought that album at a store in Richfield, CT while on a road trip for a friend's wedding. Met Danny Carey in our snowboard shop six months later. Nice guy. Very tall.

10,000 Days I have always liked. Not every song, but most of them.

Crazy good memories associated with this band's music.

Manfred58sc Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:29 pm

It's just more Maynard, can't wait to see him hide behind some curtain on tour. At this point he needs to get really fucked up on his tight-ass wine and pull some good ol' GG Allin shit on stage.

Then never tour or make another sound ever.

Oh, the album is OK.

Enkiel Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:58 am

Manfred58sc wrote: It's just more Maynard, can't wait to see him hide behind some curtain on tour. At this point he needs to get really fucked up on his tight-ass wine and pull some good ol' GG Allin shit on stage.

Then never tour or make another sound ever.

Oh, the album is OK. When i saw him a long time ago on tour as APC, it wasn't so bad...

it'd call it an experience more than anything, but again, he was just the first part of the show, the main course being NIN....

He always was weird... but i guess weird doesnt age well...

cdennisg Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:11 pm

anthracitedub wrote: Well, I知 certainly digging 7empest! The guitar work is awesome... I値l be working this song out on my guitar soon... after I soak in the album a little more.

OK, so I have listened to this one a few times through on my computer headphones over the last couple of days.

It seems to be like a compilation of all past Tool guitar and drum/rhythm sounds. And that is not a bad thing. I am likin' it!

I really need to get the album for the shop system.

EasternNotch Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:51 am

cdennisg wrote: anthracitedub wrote: Well, I知 certainly digging 7empest! The guitar work is awesome... I値l be working this song out on my guitar soon... after I soak in the album a little more.

OK, so I have listened to this one a few times through on my computer headphones over the last couple of days.

It seems to be like a compilation of all past Tool guitar and drum/rhythm sounds. And that is not a bad thing. I am likin' it!

I really need to get the album for the shop system.

yeah it's really good, want it on vinyl myself but don't think available yet. Maybe RSD 2019 black Friday release??

anthracitedub Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:13 pm

I agree with most of all the above comments... it does sound just like ole, comfortable Tool... guitar/rhythm is what I知 drawn too and the new stuff sounds continuous with the old... same bag of tricks, but enjoyable... been rocking nothing but Tool on Spotify for almost a week straight... I知 waiting for vinyl as well.

Manfred58sc Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:16 pm

Compare this with the super early 4-track release stuff- which still get me charged after 25 years of listening. New album is a comfortable "reach around" that requires a heavy dose of Sepultura afterwards.

cdennisg Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:43 pm

Manfred58sc wrote: New album is a comfortable "reach around" that requires a heavy dose of Sepultura afterwards.

:lol:

anthracitedub Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:00 pm

*Applies Chaos AD to affected area.

Manfred58sc Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:27 am

AH, all better now! Maybe a Modelo picante Chelada to wash away any unpleasant snobby wine after taste.

oakman Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:41 pm

anthracitedub wrote: I agree with most of all the above comments... it does sound just like ole, comfortable Tool... guitar/rhythm is what I知 drawn too and the new stuff sounds continuous with the old... same bag of tricks, but enjoyable... been rocking nothing but Tool on Spotify for almost a week straight... I知 waiting for vinyl as well.

Enkiel wrote:

I'm really digging this new album. I've always liked the mostly instrumental tracks on past albums, but in general they were always over too quick. The new album (Fear Inoculum) takes care of that with most tracks being ten minutes plus. Good shit!! 8)

cdennisg Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:46 pm

I still just want a fucking CD for the shop. Anyone know when that will be available? I don't want/need all of the extra packaging and doohickies.

Abscate Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:25 am

Ypu can burn one from the stream. PM me the tunes and I値l be happy to do one for you.

Enkiel Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:11 am

oakman wrote: Enkiel wrote:

I'm really digging this new album. I've always liked the mostly instrumental tracks on past albums, but in general they were always over too quick. The new album (Fear Inoculum) takes care of that with most tracks being ten minutes plus. Good shit!! 8)

That's probably why our opinion diverge... I hate instrumental tracks (same goes for NIN). So Fear Inoculum is meh to me.

On the other hand, i discovered A Perfect Circle's live 3-CD on spotify a few days ago. Now that's worth listening.