TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Volkswagen’s new logo Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
TDCTDI Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:19 am

Here it is , Volkswagen’s new logo...
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.motor1.com/news/369756/volkswagen-new-logo-unveiled/amp/

What schmuck at VW signed off on this?!?

What marketing director got paid how much for this?

New, friendlier design. :roll:

New Coke anyone?

F€%Łng idiots.

outcaststudios Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:30 am

man, i see shit like this and myhead explodes. like how much money did they person,( or people?!) get paid to do this? a salried employee probably had to attend no less than ten meetings ,discussion,focus groups were made, feedback analysed hahah etc.etc.. first of all if it aint broke dont fix it, but then dont fix it with something that is ostensibly identical. you cant have it both ways. you cant have 'new' emblem thats almost identical to the old one! its not bad or good its just a marketing ploy and its insulting ,that thinking that this emblem will impart any more intelligence or quality to a product is also fallacious and retarded.

windfish Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:36 am

Hate to think how long they deliberated on the design change, but it's more throwback than anything

Minor changes so they could call it a 'new' logo, can't say it really bothers me.
VW had a modern, clean 'flat' logo long before the current trend, they just went back to it.

Edit - imo it looks better inverted on blue

Glenn Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:38 am

Like I care :roll: .

iowegian Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:14 am

I think it is drop-dead gorgeous. A stroke of genius, the logo now says what the company is all about. 8)

Zundfolge1432 Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:59 am

See how he outer ring forms a circle? It’s for the kids.

Glenn Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:20 am

iowegian wrote: I think it is drop-dead gorgeous. A stroke of genius, the logo now says what the company is all about. 8)
I bet they would of hired a real marketing company if they didn't have to $2,800,000 in fines.

TDCTDI Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:24 am

Maybe it's their subliminal take on VW not touching bottom again. :roll:

KTPhil Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:29 am

Reminds me of how we used to lift our feet off the floorboards when crossing RR tracks.

What a waste. Non-VW nuts won't know the difference, and VW nuts will hate it because it's fugly.

I am betting the new dress code at VW is capri pants.

Glenn Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:38 am

KTPhil wrote: I am betting the new dress code at VW is capri pants.

bluebus86 Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:39 am

They didnt go back to the swastika logo? Who would have guessed that?

The new one is kind of ugly, like it was drawn by a five year old who was not able to make the bottom of the W touch the circle do to not holding the crayon correctly. Thumbs down on this logo, worse of the bunch.

Bug On!

bluebus86 Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:41 am

Glenn wrote: KTPhil wrote: I am betting the new dress code at VW is capri pants.

Is not the Capri a Ford / Mercury model? :wink:

Then again, with the the sandals, maybe thats a Meyers Manx thing. :wink:

finster Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:01 am

don't forget the new 'sound logo' :? doo-doo-be do-do! how do these people take themselves seriously?

TDCTDI Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:15 am

finster wrote: don't forget the new 'sound logo' :? doo-doo-be do-do! how do these people take themselves seriously?

Hey, it's better than the mkII & mkIII cars that played "La Cucaracha".

56Cabrio Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:10 pm

windfish wrote:

My OCD can't deal with all the corners not touching the circle,looks out of ballance. The more i look at it the more it bothers me. :?

67ctbug Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:18 pm

I would have loved it if the designer actually made the w touch the circle. Who thought that was a good idea, it makes it look wrong and incomplete.

KTPhil Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:52 pm

And in terms of type styles, the flat bottom of the V does not match the rounded bottoms of the W.

Instead of those tones, the sound should be the Homer Simpson "Doh!"

djkeev Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:05 pm

Yeah, I agree that it isn't all that different than earlier logos were.

Change happens..... this is my 8th VW logo.
Do you remember when Datsun decided to be Nissan?
When Jeep was a Willy's and then became part of AMC?
When Dodge was an American company?
Tick tock, the calendar pages tear away.........

VW eff'ed big time with the diesel scandal, I guess they are looking to distance themselves a bit by playing with little things to generate publicity that isn't focused on them lying and cheating.

Dave

Evil Clown Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:55 pm

This logo (I created) is the best 8)

Conway, Tejas at the Bug Ranch

bluebus86 Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:00 pm

Evil Clown wrote: This logo (I created) is the best 8)

Conway, Tejas at the Bug Ranch

yours is a heck of a lot nicer than that abortion that VW no doubt paid a lot of money for.

Nice Bus you have, what year? What upgrades if any, or is it stock, 'cept for the cool logo you made?