TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Kindle readers drive Vanagons
vanis13 Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:45 am

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CXG6C9W/ref=a...S&th=1

In the pic in the description and featured in the video (which seems to be shot at Lost Lake in Mt Hood)...I'm surprised the female model didn't have 1/2" goosebumps emerging from that lake.

djkeev Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:04 pm

Well, that was probably the first Amazon video I ever watched!

And yes, we have a kindle that travels with us. Quite convenient actually.

Dave

nohabusguy Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:27 pm

I like the flash of the GW third brake light on the rear window at :56 seconds into the video

msinabottle Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:21 pm

I found this months and months ago--but I wasn't QUITE sure it was a Vanagon! What year and variation is it?

:shock:

I take my ancient Kindle 'Keyboard' along in Winston, and read in either the reversed front passenger's seat, or on the rear bench. I have the ports and apparatus to charge it ready in the Van. Reading in beautiful surroundings in peace--or in a pouring rain--is a wonderful part of Westy camping.

Best!

jimf909 Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:29 pm

msinabottle wrote: I found this months and months ago--but I wasn't QUITE sure it was a Vanagon! What year and variation is it?

'86 or earlier Multivan... or is it Weekender??!

Jake de Villiers Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:29 pm

jimf909 wrote: msinabottle wrote: I found this months and months ago--but I wasn't QUITE sure it was a Vanagon! What year and variation is it?

'86 or earlier Multivan... or is it Weekender??!
You got it - Westy Weekender.

msinabottle Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:51 pm

Thank you! It WAS annoying not to know.

Best!

hdenter Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:15 pm

Go to :44 in the video! Who can see what's interesting about the van besides the project zwo reproduction fog lights?

Hans

Jake de Villiers Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:32 am

hdenter wrote: Go to :44 in the video! Who can see what's interesting about the van besides the project zwo reproduction fog lights?

Hans
The van either has gas fillers on both sides - or more likely the video editors reversed the image.

hdenter Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:03 am

If it where mirrored, the edge of the road would be in the foreground wouldn't it?

Hans

Gnarlodious Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:12 am

How do I get that nice fireplace in my van?

riceye Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:40 am

Gnarlodious wrote: How do I get that nice fireplace in my van?

Don't bother with your fuel lines. :wink:

kamzcab86 Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:46 am

hdenter wrote: If it where mirrored, the edge of the road would be in the foreground wouldn't it?

Hans

White line in the reflection, white line in the background, double-line in the center. Van was driving in the literal middle of the road... definitely reversed image/video, IMHO.😊