TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: request to all those selling parts *solved*
jcassity Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:15 pm

when you list your part you hope to find a good home for,,, dont forget to be accurate about your listing.

i am interested in an item for sale here that says "shipped to your zip code",,
yet when i reach out to the seller with the intent of doing a paypal right away, the seller says they are not comfortable shipping the item.

more specifically they are now saying its only local pick up.

Mike Fisher Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:22 pm

jcassity wrote: when you list your part you hope to find a good home for,,, dont forget to be accurate about your listing.

yet when i reach out to the seller with the intent of doing a paypal right away, the seller says they are not comfortable shipping the item.

Everything can be shipped if the Buyer is willing to pay the cost.
USPS/UPS/Greyhound/uShip.com/DHL etc.
Don't even bother listing "No Shipping" parts!

Pruneman99 Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:41 pm

When I list parts (which is not often) I always add in the cost of shipping. That way I can make the transaction without going back and forth on shipping cost. I usually guess we'll, + or - a few bucks. No biggie.

APPLEGREENVW Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:55 pm

jcassity wrote: when you list your part you hope to find a good home for,,, dont forget to be accurate about your listing.

Why not put a WTB ad ? or find another seller.

jcassity Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:56 am

i could post a wtb add but i see i can buy from someone so i do so,, plus it allows us to pay a member vs going to the online stores.

I have a ghia resto project thread and many vids up so far.

update... now the seller is saying they dont have a rear glass for sale posted here.

i am litterally looking at the add showing a picture of two ghia side glass and one rear window all as a package sold and shipped to "to your zip code",, and the seller is saying they are not selling any rear glass.

anyway, i sent the seller their link from this past FS add this past sept.

this is a sign that i will likely find another source for the rear glass.
this is just too flakey

EverettB Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:26 am

Honestly I would find another source.
It sounds like either they don't want to deal with you now or are flaky/confused.

There are a certain numbers of sellers on the site at any given time that are hard to pin down.
My advice to people in the past, from personal experience, is that if I have to spend too much effort to give you money or get answers to simple questions, I am not going to be happy with the quality of what (eventually) arrives.

In terms of a rear windshield I would skeptical of someone who says "shipped". This would have have to be a huge box and/or crate and I can't see how it could be listed as "shipped". The shipping charge could vary wildly by location. Unless it's already super expensive to cover any possible shipping cost? I'd still be scared of getting something like that shipped unless the person has experience doing so.

Bruce Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:02 pm

jcassity wrote: ...update... now the seller is saying they dont have a rear glass for sale posted here.
Whenever you get this reply, forward it to the moderator so the ad can be deleted.

jcassity Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:38 am

Thanks,
by way of a few PM's, the seller took down on the F/S add.

all is well,,

thanks,

Scott Cassity