TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Hypothetical Fridolin
Thompson2 Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:12 pm

If a guy hypothetically had a potential lead on a (likely) all original, 1 1/2 owner German Fridolin thatís been parked (probably in a garage) for a couple or three decades, what sorts of things should he look for to assess condition? What areas would be most likely to be rusted out and what sorts of parts are impossible to find if theyíre missing?

Hypothetically....

finster Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:11 am

have you seen this website http://www.vw-fridolin-ig.de/en/content/?
virtanen makes a couple of repair panels

Thompson2 Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:40 pm

finster wrote: have you seen this website http://www.vw-fridolin-ig.de/en/content/?
virtanen makes a couple of repair panels

Iíve seen it, but not had time to go through it all. Figured Iíd wait until I actually lay eyes on this before I spend a ton of time researching it. For all I know, itís a totally rotted out basket case....

But on the off chance itís somewhere between basket case and cherry, Iím doing a bit of homework...

Thompson2 Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:17 pm

Any non-subscription based sites with info? Really just looking for basics to get me prepared if/when I get a chance to put eyes on it...

squarejack Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:10 pm

This hypothetical fridolin... did you get it?!
Lockdown is in place in my country and I need hope of ever finding a type 147 to keep my hope up.

Thompson2 Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:12 pm

squarejack wrote: This hypothetical fridolin... did you get it?!
Lockdown is in place in my country and I need hope of ever finding a type 147 to keep my hope up.

lol... not yet. I haven't even attempted to contact the owner, partially because of COVID, but mostly because I have a bus I need to finish up before I can even contemplate picking it up. :(

Hopefully if things change and it's at risk, I'll be able to snag it.

laszlo805 Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:57 pm

i does anybody know what front beam is under a 1968 fridolin link pin or balljoint ? thanks