TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Ford's Electric "Mustang" Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Erik G Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:16 am

Zundfolge1432 wrote: calvinater wrote: Can you get the clock on my vcr to stop blinking 12:00 ?

Get off my lawn!

Yes sir it’s deja Vu again. :D

seriously, this thread needs an "ok, boomer" after almost every post LOL

Zundfolge1432 Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:29 pm

Erik G wrote: Zundfolge1432 wrote: calvinater wrote: Can you get the clock on my vcr to stop blinking 12:00 ?

Get off my lawn!

You got that right and by now it should be obvious which camp we all fit into. The same usual suspects find anything new or different or “electric “ to be ugly or in some way deficient, or “subsidized” or in some way a personal slight to what they perceive to be right and normal. Then there are those that dwell amongst the lowest common denominators showcasing their political views.
They always show up late, do a hit and run only post a sentence or two because they probably can’t make a coherent argument.

Shit man these guys are like the Japanese soldiers that didn’t know the war was over. I like getting them riled up, that’s cheap entertainment :D Elon musk is bad, the Tesla truck is really bad, the new VW bus is bad, the electric mustang is bad, basically anything forward thinking is bad,bad,bad.

KTPhil Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:48 pm

I don't mind a Mustang having an electric option. But four doors? Then it's not a f***ing "Mustang."

Ford did this to the T-Bird name decades ago and was just as wrong then. Pick another pony name, it's not that hard!

nshaddox Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:00 pm

How about the 'jock-E?' sort of pony related.

-generic statement about being a current ford employee and having my own opinions about everything...

I don't see it as any different than the 4 door porsche. equally blob shaped, better efficiency and performance than every vehicle I own or care to own, too much tech on the dash for my preferences, fills a consumer niche that I don't populate. if other people want it, good for me and my career-maybe.

I'm content that there's probably at least a decade of time before legislation starts making personal vehicle ICE tech cost prohibitive to own in the states, and the supply of ICE projects I am interested in is way larger than I could ever hope to tackle.

KTPhil Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:54 pm

At least they didn't call the 4-door Porsche a "911." Clearly they borrowed styling cues, but they had the sense to not cheapen the name.

Erik G Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:06 pm

KTPhil wrote: At least they didn't call the 4-door Porsche a "911." Clearly they borrowed styling cues, but they had the sense to not cheapen the name.

lol I dunno, the mustang name is already plenty cheap... :lol:

KTPhil Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:09 pm

Oh, you mean this 88hp POS?

https://www.americanmuscle.com/the-four-cylinder-mustang-where-it-all-began.html
;-)

At least the girl was easy on the eyes...

(I'm not sure, but that looks like it was shot at the now-closed Saugus Speedway north of LA).

Erik G Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:54 pm

that was a POS but there have always been POS mustangs.

I had a thought last night... I think ford knew exactly what they were doing. They are marketing to young women that want to be "mustang girls" and if you have ever dated a "mustang girl" you know what I mean. She listens to country, has a bit of a potty mouth, probably but not always smokes Marlboro lights and drinks bud light and jack and coke. Drives a 6 cylinder base mustang.

TDCTDI Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:13 pm

crofty Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:42 pm

KTPhil wrote: I don't mind a Mustang having an electric option. But four doors? Then it's not a f***ing "Mustang."

Ford did this to the T-Bird name decades ago and was just as wrong then. Pick another pony name, it's not that hard!

Mustang production ended in 1970

oprn Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:44 pm

The owner of a shop I worked in put a '73 Boss 351 4 speed car through the shop. It was only a year old and had been rolled. After it was finished one of the mechanics took the owner for a ride in it. He came back white and shaky and said "Never again with you behind the wheel!"

They were no slouch and looked pretty good too!

carlos_magnum Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:36 pm

The electric Mustang looks promising but Ford needs to work harder on it's price points.

bluebus86 Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:27 am

67 Florida Deluxe wrote: While electric cars are becoming the wave of the future, I can't figure out WHY Ford would defile the name of the most iconic car (arguably) that FOMOCO ever produced by labeling their new electric SUV a "Mustang"?? Since its debut in 1964 1/2, it has been remarkably successful. Also, the Mustang has always been a 2-door. If we can gloss over the mid-to-late 1970s, it's always been a desirable SPORTS car. Since Ford could never figure out where a Thunderbird fit into its line-up (sports car? luxury car? 2-door? 4-door?), why not at least call it a "Thunderbird" instead of the 180-degree deviation off the linear track of the Mustang?

Better yet, why not come up with a NEW name since it's a car representing a NEW direction for Ford?? Create a marketing campaign based on the new car and technology rather than pissing off a multitude of Mustang enthusiasts :-k

The electric car wont be the wave of the future until some massive improvements are made in batteries. The market for these cars is limited, as electric cars are limited. They only made inroads beyond the fanatics because of government subsidies.

bluebus86 Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:41 am

Zundfolge1432 wrote: Erik G wrote: Zundfolge1432 wrote: calvinater wrote: Can you get the clock on my vcr to stop blinking 12:00 ?

Get off my lawn!

You got that right and by now it should be obvious which camp we all fit into. The same usual suspects find anything new or different or “electric “ to be ugly or in some way deficient, or “subsidized” or in some way a personal slight to what they perceive to be right and normal. Then there are those that dwell amongst the lowest common denominators showcasing their political views.
They always show up late, do a hit and run only post a sentence or two because they probably can’t make a coherent argument.

Shit man these guys are like the Japanese soldiers that didn’t know the war was over. I like getting them riled up, that’s cheap entertainment :D Elon musk is bad, the Tesla truck is really bad, the new VW bus is bad, the electric mustang is bad, basically anything forward thinking is bad,bad,bad.

Then you have the children who want to embrace everything that is new, even if it is not very good, they are bird brains, attracted to any new shiny object. They are so fanatical with this that they ignore practicalities, and think that this obsession of theirs is going to save the world. The demand the rest of us accept their obsessions, even forcing us to subsidizing their obsession.
It is fairly predictable what this children will do, the usual suspects go on and on promoting their belief that gasoline cars are bad, old fashioned, planet killing machines, they do this even on websites that are dedicated to gasoline cars, and then have the gall to play the name calling game, when they dont find 100% acceptance for their obsession.

bluebus86 Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:47 am

VWsArent4Hippies wrote: The best part about technology is that it will keep progressing while the grumpy baby boomers get passed by because they can’t figure out how to even use an iPhone.

taking an hour to refuel your car is hardly progress. Having a distracting touch screen to control the heater, ac, and radio is hardly progress. being taxed to subsidize someone elses car is hardly progress.

Zundfolge1432 Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:47 am

Bluebus you are predictable and way too easy. Lol 😂👍

KTPhil Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:11 am

Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, here I am stuck in the middle with you.

:popcorn:

bluebus86 Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:37 am

Zundfolge1432 wrote: Bluebus you are predictable and way too easy. Lol 😂👍

And you and some other electric car fanatics also are very predictable. Rather than acknowledge the faults of electric cars we get ridicule of those that point out the problems of these cars. That seems to be your M.O.

ha ha

Zundfolge1432 Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:23 pm

I’d be willing to bet you and I have more similarities than differences. Peace my VW brother. :D

67 Florida Deluxe Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:52 pm

KTPhil wrote: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, here I am stuck in the middle with you.

:popcorn:

Probably the best response yet :lol: !