TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: 57 semi oval rag.. Interested Page: 1, 2  Next
DMNCLNR Thu May 20, 2004 5:12 pm

Today i was driving and found an 57 oval rag with semaphores. the guy siad he would sale it for $4000. He lives in a motel and looked like he needs money. I htink the bug could be bought for around $2500-$3500. he said firm, but who lives in a motel that turns down $2500? The car is straight and everything is functional. runs very good, and comes with boxes and boxes of extra parts. I owuld buy it, but i found me a different proj! If you are interested i will give you the guys info!
Its a california yellow plate 56 car. registered and titled. i personally think $3500 is a deal. SOrry i didnt have my camera with me!

Skim Thu May 20, 2004 10:04 pm

Let him live with you rent free for a year and make him give you the car.

ssx Fri May 21, 2004 12:58 am

$3500? Damn, I just paid $5000 plus gave away a 327ci motor (original to my 67' SS Nova) for my 57' Rag! I'm happy though, NO Rust and original pan! Only bummers are wrong front hood and bucket seats (I'll be looking to fix that soon!) :D

DMNCLNR Fri May 21, 2004 6:10 pm

WOW no interest. maybe by the time i save that much money it will still be there! i think its a hell of a deal my self!

55reasons Fri May 21, 2004 6:31 pm

O.K., where is it? Nobody will sell me 55 or 56 oval rag, so I might as well entertain the idea.

DMNCLNR Fri May 21, 2004 6:39 pm

Huntington beach cali! p.m me for more info.

55reasons Fri May 21, 2004 6:50 pm

264 miles from my front door isn't really too bad.

Color?

Condition of the top?

Pans?

You know....the usual stuff.......

55reasons Fri May 21, 2004 6:51 pm

I'm printing out driving directions right now.

DMNCLNR Fri May 21, 2004 7:25 pm

all righty then! if you are as interested as you seem, i will give you his # I will also go and take some photos of the car! THe car is primered, but looks decent! the rag has a small hole int he front corner. but i sat inside, opened and closed it! could use a little work to get it to function a little better! the pans are solid. i didnt notice any rust area concerns. the heater channels are awesome... the over all bug is straight and runs really good! not the og oter, and i didnt look under to see if it was the o.g tranny or not! the radio section has been cut, but the rest of the dash is good. semaphores are not installed but he says he has them and 10 boxes of parts. no specification of what kind of parts, just a lot of parts!

jerry.t Fri May 21, 2004 9:35 pm

does that include delivery? :P

vdubrida70 Fri May 21, 2004 9:59 pm

sweet i only live close to H.B. i wanna check that ride out so maybe i can get rid of my 70 and role in a pimped out 50's ride

55reasons Mon May 24, 2004 7:35 am

Have you gotten any pictures of the car yet?

DMNCLNR Mon May 24, 2004 12:15 pm

I dont have a digital camera. but i will be getting some pics if the car is there this weekend. i will burrow someones. lets say on saturday i will post some up in this shizzle.
And terry $4000 delivered would be cool. ill offer him $2500 and drive it to your house!

actorboy Mon May 24, 2004 7:56 pm

perfektenemy wrote: I dont have a digital camera. but i will be getting some pics if the car is there this weekend. i will burrow someones. lets say on saturday i will post some up in this shizzle.
And terry $4000 delivered would be cool. ill offer him $2500 and drive it to your house!
You should get a camera phone bro. Cheaper than a digital camera. My wifes friend has one and it's way cool. I want one too.

spookymulder Mon May 24, 2004 8:07 pm

for a second I thought it was a half (semi) oval, maybe a square window with a oval welded in or a Semi truck with an Oval window but I sure wasn't thinking Semi----phore!

DMNCLNR Mon May 24, 2004 10:21 pm

i thought they were refered to as semis? i dunno

DMNCLNR Tue May 25, 2004 5:06 pm

UPDATE. I called the owner, and he says hes going to put it on some really big V.W site that he cant remember the name of. ofcourse i didnt tell him. ill wait til you guys have a look at it. He is sending me pics tonight. the onlydrawback i can see is that it was changed from a rhd to lhd, so he says. but there is no evidence of that. anyway ill post pics as soon as i get them!

DMNCLNR Thu May 27, 2004 8:50 pm

The owner has tried several times to send me pics, but has failed. he says his wife is doing it for him from her work. i thiknn i will have them up soon, but he told me he is desperate for cash!
this is a pretty sweat deal. i think it could be bought for $3000 cash. no doubt in my mind, for a nice running registered oval! i might even say go offer him $2500. IMO this car is a STEAL!

DMNCLNR Sun Jun 06, 2004 10:43 pm

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=75579

Finally got a pic from the guy... This really is a nice bug, let me know if theres any interest!

Madds Mon Jun 07, 2004 5:16 am

I need to live in the States.

I'd love an oval at that price.

:cry: