TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Malicious linked
68IHscout Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:18 pm

“Malicious linked blocked for you’re protection” , that is what i got when i clicked on “ fun with distributors” after searching for svda ..

Just wondering if anyone else gets this message ? Or maybe its just my antivirus .

Glenn Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:23 pm

I viewed all 3 pages and got no message.

I'm using Norton 360.

68IHscout Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:27 pm

Must be my “look out “ antivirus on my phone “ glad it didn’t come up on you,that means its probably safe

Glenn Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:32 pm

68IHscout wrote: Must be my “look out “ antivirus on my phone “ glad it didn’t come up on you,that means its probably safe
"it" might be safe, but i'm certainly not.

I'll move to the Site forum later.

EverettB Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:15 pm

This is the overall thread
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=682455

No warnings came up for me either, I checked all 3 pages

I looked at all the external links in that thread and there is one to YouTube (doubt that is an issue) and one to user Glenn's web site.
Maybe a false report?

If it tells you exactly that was blocked, meaning a web site or link, let me know and I can do a global search of the site to check for any links to that reported source.

68IHscout Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:02 am

EverettB wrote: This is the overall thread
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=682455

No warnings came up for me either, I checked all 3 pages

I looked at all the external links in that thread and there is one to YouTube (doubt that is an issue) and one to user Glenn's web site.
Maybe a false report?

If it tells you exactly that was blocked, meaning a web site or link, let me know and I can do a global search of the site to check for any links to that reported source.

I went back and clicked on it twice and same results for me , but it did give me something at the bottom it read “Fiendresults.site”

EverettB Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:14 pm

Fiendresults does not come up at all for me on a Google search so I am at a loss on that

I looked it up and Fiendresults.site is not even a registered web site

Weird

68IHscout Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:37 pm

EverettB wrote: Fiendresults does not come up at all for me on a Google search so I am at a loss on that

Weird sorry about my spelling it was “find” not fiend .

EverettB Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:58 pm

68IHscout wrote: EverettB wrote: Fiendresults does not come up at all for me on a Google search so I am at a loss on that

Ok, that does come up as reported by at least one other person

If you run some checks on your computer and everything is ok, it was probably a shady ad or something that came up for some reason and was blocked.
I think you are ok.
This is rare but does happen from time to time.

68IHscout Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:04 pm

EverettB wrote: 68IHscout wrote: EverettB wrote: Fiendresults does not come up at all for me on a Google search so I am at a loss on that

Ok, that does come up as reported by at least one other person

If you run some checks on your computer and everything is ok, it was probably a shady ad or something that came up for some reason and was blocked.
I think you are ok.
This is rare but does happen from time to time. all good here , once the blocker pops up i don't go further .