TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: A happy positive thread
Zundfolge1432 Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:26 pm

If I were a kid Id like to find these on Christmas Day. We saw them at Walmart and I must admit I bought the two Coca Cola type 2s for myself :D

Heres my bus collection, Im running out of room.

Onceler Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:46 pm

Seriously? Hot wheels has a MkII golf but no MkI? This thread just pisses me off! :D

ALLWAGONS Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:51 pm

Nice!

67_13Deluxe Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:37 pm

Those are pretty cool. Every once in a while I find good stuff like that at Walmart. Hobby Lobby is the place where I can find VW toys pretty regular.

crukab Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:43 am

AHHHHHHHH TOYS !! :shock: I'm a recovering Toy-aholic, 12 step program ect. And I'm positive that I'm happy NOT toy hunting anymore..... :lol:

obus Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:16 am

i stopped toy hunting too. I get calls/texts from Friends and Family asking if they should buy such and such and i'm like nope, im good! Just no space and what am i going to do with all of it as i get older? Sell it off? I have enough other stuff :lol:

Da TOW'D Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:52 am

I've never bought a VW toy( other than the real ones)
but my wife and adult kids keep finding them
more cool dust collectors

finster Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:41 pm

that went well! :lol: +ve to -ve in six posts
so they collect dust... buy a vacuum cleaner, buy several, friends/relatives will buy you more antique/novelty vacuum cleaners....and so it goes

my inner kid would be delighted with the sparkling holidays one especially as I'll probably be faking joy over a pair of 'new beetle' socks :cry:

Vanagonsgoslow Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:48 pm

There is a cool HotWheels combo of a VW flatbed transporting a Porsche 356 outlaw racing car that I bought at Target Stores last week. Much more affordable than the real thing and it fits in my garage.

finster Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:40 am

do any of you remember the chocolate smoking sets kids got at xmas? here's a petrolhead range I was emailed...not sure about the brake pads though (page 5) and a warning - may contain nuts! :lol:
https://www.scparts.co.uk/sc_en/warehouse/driving-...e.html?p=1

calvinater Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:36 am

Just got these at the dollar store, $1 each.

raygreenwood Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:05 pm

Oh my God.....even hot wheels has a "patina" rat rod.

I'm sure its their highest profit center of toy car....I can hear management saying it now...."Hey...take those defective die cast bodies out of the trash...slap them together with stuff from the broken parts bin....toss them in a bucket on the loading dock for a month with a pinch of salt until they rust...then pack em up and ship em!

:lol:
Ray

VW_Jimbo Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:44 pm

raygreenwood wrote: Oh my God.....even hot wheels has a "patina" rat rod.

I'm sure its their highest profit center of toy car....I can hear management saying it now...."Hey...take those defective die cast bodies out of the trash...slap them together with stuff from the broken parts bin....toss them in a bucket on the loading dock for a month with a pinch of salt until they rust...then pack em up and ship em!

:lol:
Ray

Money!

bluebus86 Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:02 pm

Da TOW'D wrote: I've never bought a VW toy( other than the real ones)
but my wife and adult kids keep finding them
more cool dust collectors

I find that these toy dust collectors protect my shelves from dust very well. The dust never builds up on my shelves.

my59 Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:41 pm

I used to go for VW's I could turn into slot cars. The weight at the HO level train crossing really amused the boys.

busdaddy Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:52 pm

my59 wrote: ......... I could turn into slot cars. ......
Hahahahahaha!!!!!, that's awesome! :P 8)