TheSamba.com Forums
 
  View original topic: "Menace" '65 Tourist Delivery Build Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 39, 40, 41  Next
67rustavenger Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:07 pm

The "Z" engine compartment seal might not fit. I tried to install one in a friends 66. It didn't fit. Had to use the two lip seal.

The trim seals might not fit for the early wide trim mounts. Look for the correct year fitment.

The wiper arm nuts won't work. Unless your car is a complete franken bug. With late model wiper assemblies.
As an example. Look at the last item on your list (wiper arms).

Other wise. Most of what you are shopping for, looks good.

Chickensoup Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:13 pm

67rustavenger wrote: The "Z" engine compartment seal might not fit. I tried to install one in a friends 66. It didn't fit. Had to use the two lip seal.

The trim seals might not fit for the early wide trim mounts. Look for the correct year fitment.

The wiper arm nuts won't work. Unless your car is a complete franken bug. With late model wiper assemblies.
As an example. Look at the last item on your list (wiper arms).

Other wise. Most of what you are shopping for, looks good.

thank you. ill have to do more research on the wiper stuff. i have late modle wiper assembly i rebuilt, and a core 67 modle. just gotta decide i guess.

much appreciated!

67rustavenger Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:26 pm

Chickensoup wrote:
thank you. ill have to do more research on the wiper stuff. i have late modle wiper assembly i rebuilt, and a core 67 modle. just gotta decide i guess.

much appreciated!
Measure the distance between the posts on your intended assemblies, and the front cowl openings.
That'll let ya know what fits and what doesn't.

Chickensoup Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:34 pm



It fit :)


For once, my other car wasn't being an A hole to me, so I had a chance to get the car up on the "lift" :lol:


But then my MIG crapped out again and the feed was being wonky. So welding was a nightmare.




Removed these



Fixed a dent with only heat and water :D good as new. Well the paint isn't lol.




So, how am I posed to replace the threaded part?

Chickensoup Mon Jun 20, 2022 4:13 pm

Did some more welding today. I FINALLY got my welder fixed... then the spool turned into a rats nest :cry: so i replaced it.... with the wrong one :roll: hense the weird white burn marks around some of the welds.










Chickensoup Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:07 pm

Ok so today I prepped most the inside for epoxy. Did clean up and ospho treatment. The roof has black epoxy, while the rest is self etching. I'll wet sand it at a later date, then SPI epoxy over any remaining primer.

Meanwhile... my welder is being naughty again.


I also found this :cry:




















On the package tray, you can see rust converter/sealer in applied 2 or 3 years ago. Any suggestions on removing it? Thanks

67rustavenger Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:35 pm

This crap always amazes me. And, it seems to always be present on the right side rear quarter panel. WTF?

It's not that hard to at least pull out the massive dent some, before laying down a 3/4" thick layer of filler.

Chickensoup Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:31 pm

67rustavenger wrote: This crap always amazes me. And, it seems to always be present on the right side rear quarter panel. WTF?

It's not that hard to at least pull out the massive dent some, before laying down a 3/4" thick layer of filler.

yeah. i knew something was up when i saw bubles. i knocked most the dent ouy with the hammer and dolly. all metal or rage filler will do the rest of the work :lol:

Chickensoup Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:29 pm

I did sum ting 2day :) wow im glad I decided to remove the rear apron. Lots of surface rust hiding at the seams.








Gonna order a bbt silver weld through assembly and see how it goes. Now my apron won't be cracked and bent.

Ceckert64 Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:16 pm

The apron didnít actually look that bad. Before you order it though Iíve had friends have issues with the news rear aprons and I know it was a top of the line one. You may want to look at reviews if you have just in case.

Chickensoup Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:23 pm

I refined the list. getting ready to bite the bullet.

any no no's?





67rustavenger Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:59 pm

Not trying to discourage your ambition.
But it might be less painful to take smaller bites at the CIP1 apple.

Maybe order what you need at each phase of your project.
Like the heater channels, Lower A pillar repair pieces, and the door pins.
For starters.

Having all those parts on hand. Will take up storage space.
Plus there's the chance that they could get misplaced.

Just a suggestion. I'm not telling you how to spend your hard earned $$$$$.

Adriel Rowley Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:43 pm

67rustavenger wrote: Not trying to discourage your ambition.
But it might be less painful to take smaller bites at the CIP1 apple.

Maybe order what you need at each phase of your project.
Like the heater channels, Lower A pillar repair pieces, and the door pins.
For starters.

Having all those parts on hand. Will take up storage space.
Plus there's the chance that they could get misplaced.

Just a suggestion. I'm not telling you how to spend your hard earned $$$$$.

Totally agree, especially with Aiden's current situation. I haven't been able to work on Ruby and with my memory difficulty and the move, will need to take time and sort through all those parts. I might even go so far as to say work on one area until completion, say getting the rear apron in before the body is knocked out of alignment (already fallen once IIRC).

Chickensoup Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:41 am

I get what yall are saying. I'm just trying to focus my money on the beetle so I have a chance of getting it done. Ceckert has some trim and stuff he's sending over so I'll probably be removing some things from the list.

I keep eyeballing new turbos and injector nossles and cams for my tdi :shock: :cry: :shock:

Adriel Rowley Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:27 pm

Chickensoup wrote: I get what yall are saying. I'm just trying to focus my money on the beetle so I have a chance of getting it done. Ceckert has some trim and stuff he's sending over so I'll probably be removing some things from the list.

So are you saying spending the money now is better than having it sit and wait?

Chickensoup wrote: I keep eyeballing new turbos and injector nossles and cams for my tdi :shock: :cry: :shock:

Why? Does she really needed it or do you want it? Which Vehical are you taking to Florida?

Chickensoup Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:34 pm

I think you missed the point. I'm saying if I spend my money on the bug, I won't be able to waste it on my wagon. I flew down.

Adriel Rowley Sat Jul 02, 2022 12:46 pm

Chickensoup wrote: I think you missed the point. I'm saying if I spend my money on the bug, I won't be able to waste it on my wagon. I flew down.

I am tracking now, man. Makes sense. I kind of did the same, have a hard time budgeting.

Oh, you have started living in Florida?

Chickensoup Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:46 pm

Adriel Rowley wrote: Chickensoup wrote: I think you missed the point. I'm saying if I spend my money on the bug, I won't be able to waste it on my wagon. I flew down.

I am tracking now, man. Makes sense. I kind of did the same, have a hard time budgeting.

Oh, you have started living in Florida?

Hmm? No. Visiting the grandparents.

Adriel Rowley Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:00 pm

Chickensoup wrote: Adriel Rowley wrote: Chickensoup wrote: I think you missed the point. I'm saying if I spend my money on the bug, I won't be able to waste it on my wagon. I flew down.

I am tracking now, man. Makes sense. I kind of did the same, have a hard time budgeting.

Oh, you have started living in Florida?

Hmm? No. Visiting the grandparents.

The subject was attending University and if the subject is changed, it must be noted.

As for grandparents, ask lots of questions, there is a list online somewhere. Mine are dead along with Dad and often think of a question I like to ask.

Chickensoup Tue Jul 05, 2022 1:22 pm

Adriel Rowley wrote:

As for grandparents, ask lots of questions true true



Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group