TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Heb Hunting - INFO from CT
kdf38 Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:55 pm

Hi,

Here is a photo of a Hebmüller at a Vintage VW meeting organized by Bill Collins at Ted Trudon’s VW dealership in 1975. We are trying to ID the man shown with the Heb.

We have been told he was a doctor of some kind and that he sold the car in about 1987 to Gary LaVere.

peter schepens Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:43 am

I know the heb Mike? that is 253 . It went from the us to japan . It has come back to the us last year or that before , but can not help with the man next to it. Maybe Garry Lavere knows or one of the members.. let's hope.

Greetings.

kdf38 Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:07 pm

Great info, Peter,

Hopefully, we will also hear from someone who was at that show or is from the area and knows something about the man in the photo of Heb 253.

Mike

janerick3 Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:05 pm

I took the bottom photo in early 1988, when the owner was selling his Heb. Here is the other photo I took the same day.

I do not know his name, but he lived in the Ridgefield, CT area when the photos were taken.

The CT plates on the car in the Ted Trudon photos were issued 1969-70, which would be consistent with the car being initially restored in 1969.

peter schepens Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:51 am

Thanks for the input Jan. THe hunt goes on.

Stock Steve Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:01 am

janerick3 wrote: I took the bottom photo in early 1988, when the owner was selling his Heb. Here is the other photo I took the same day.

I do not know his name, but he lived in the Ridgefield, CT area when the photos were taken.

The CT plates on the car in the Ted Trudon photos were issued 1969-70, which would be consistent with the car being initially restored in 1969.

Jan, did you ever meet Jack Magrane? The hat reminds me of him.

67ctbug Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:14 pm

janerick3 wrote: The CT plates on the car in the Ted Trudon photos were issued 1969-70, which would be consistent with the car being initially restored in 1969.
JL is more like 1971/72 but it still could fit. They didn't always issue in order. They skip C and D series for commercial plates. I have a set of "FU-XXXX" and they're 1969. E series would be '67 though.

janerick3 Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:48 pm

Stock Steve wrote: janerick3 wrote: I took the bottom photo in early 1988, when the owner was selling his Heb. Here is the other photo I took the same day.

Jan, did you ever meet Jack Magrane? The hat reminds me of him.

Steve, I still have a pair of the Carello headlamps I bought from Jack at one of the Orangeburg meets. Jack was actually a dentist, as was his father.

The hat reminded me of Wilson from Home Improvement.