TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: New upholstry fabric reviews please
sinclair Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:57 am

Hi All.
I have a set of standard seats to recover for my car and see WagenmanufakturHQ is selling a reproduction 51-52 fabric in the classified section. I was wondering if anyone had used it yet and how accurate they found it.

Also are there any altenative suppliers?

sled Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:00 am

sinclair wrote: Hi All.
I have a set of standard seats to recover for my car and see WagenmanufakturHQ is selling a reproduction 51-52 fabric in the classified section. I was wondering if anyone had used it yet and how accurate they found it.

Also are there any altenative suppliers?

I have not used that exact fabric, but other material I have from Marcus have been top notch.

to my knowledge no one else is making the correct 51-52 standard fabric.

FRK Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:11 pm

sled wrote: sinclair wrote: Hi All.

Also are there any alternative suppliers?

I have not used that exact fabric, but other material I have from Marcus have been top notch.

to my knowledge no one else is making the correct 51-52 standard fabric.
Same here, I have not used the exact fabric but I purchased the entire interior from Marc for my '50 standard US import and like sled said, the material is top notch. I'm very happy with it.

mbliss13 Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:50 pm

While I don't have any photos to share at this moment, I am restoring a December 1951 Standard. I had the original stripegrey seat covers and I will add another note of support for Marcus Raeke. I waited approximately 9 months for him to source the correct fabric and the results were perfect.

If you are restoring a 1951 Standard with Stripegrey seat covers, the Marcus is definitely the person you need to connect with.

-Mike

nlorntson Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:33 pm

What they all said ^^^

sinclair Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:20 am

Thanks Guys. I can place my order with confidence now :D