TheSamba.com Forums
 
  View original topic: 2nd amendment sanctuary city. Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
mark tucker Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:33 am

panama city Florida has become a 2nd amendment sanctuary city, if you have a carry permit ,and legalized citizen.you may bring your gun to work.I wonder how this is going over at the air port.....or banks. keep your eye on bubba mo, he's pissed today....

Jennepher Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:00 am

The potential here for civil and well informed political discussion seems, shall we say... iffy. :lol:

Glenn Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:05 am

Some innocent person is gonna walk into a store with a AR on their back and someone else is gonna assume the wrong thing and pull their pistol and shoot. Someone else is gonna see the person shoot and pull their gun and shoot them.

I have no problem with law enforcement and TRAINED personnel carrying, but what try of training do you need to get a carry permit? I hope it's more than paying a fee and watching a 30 minute video.

Here's cute couple shopping.

crofty Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:33 am

Glenn wrote:
I have no problem with law enforcement and TRAINED personnel carrying, but what try of training do you need to get a carry permit? I hope it's more than paying a fee and watching a 30 minute video.



https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/investigations/police-shootings-database/

Even "trained" personnel are shooting unarmed folks to death.

TDCTDI Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:38 am

Glenn wrote: Some innocent person is gonna walk into a store with a AR on their back and someone else is gonna assume the wrong thing and pull their pistol and shoot. Someone else is gonna see the person shoot and pull their gun and shoot them.

I have no problem with law enforcement and TRAINED personnel carrying, but what try of training do you need to get a carry permit? I hope it's more than paying a fee and watching a 30 minute video.

Here's cute couple shopping.


That ain't an AR. :roll: (Okay, his is.) And it ain't an "assault rifle" either.

FWIW, Florida isn't an open carry state.

Glenn Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:41 am

crofty wrote: Glenn wrote:
I have no problem with law enforcement and TRAINED personnel carrying, but what try of training do you need to get a carry permit? I hope it's more than paying a fee and watching a 30 minute video.



https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/investigations/police-shootings-database/

Even "trained" personnel are shooting unarmed folks to death.
Agreed.
TDCTDI wrote: That ain't an AR. :roll: And it ain't an "assault rifle" either.

FWIW, Florida isn't an open carry state.
OK, it's a AK... what's the real difference?

EverettB Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:42 am

mark tucker wrote: panama city Florida has become a 2nd amendment sanctuary city, if you have a carry permit ,and legalized citizen.you may bring your gun to work.I wonder how this is going over at the air port.....or banks. keep your eye on bubba mo, he's pissed today....

I'm guessing they will say you can't bring them into some places.
Google search says this is true
Quote: nor would it permit people to openly carry guns into private businesses that prohibit firearms

AZ is the same - If you don't allow it in your store or business, you have to put up a sign that says no guns allowed.

There are signs everywhere... of course

I've almost never seen anyone with a gun here, only a few cowboy-looking dudes, almost like it's part of their outfit.

Glenn Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:46 am

EverettB wrote: mark tucker wrote: panama city Florida has become a 2nd amendment sanctuary city, if you have a carry permit ,and legalized citizen.you may bring your gun to work.I wonder how this is going over at the air port.....or banks. keep your eye on bubba mo, he's pissed today....

I'm guessing they will say you can't bring them into some places.


TDCTDI Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:53 am

How is open carrying an AK or AR any different than open carrying a semiautomatic pistol? Many double stack pistols are close to the same capacity & many have magazines available to equal that of a "high capacity" rifle. Those idiots were just trying to make a statement, although a legal one by the constitution. An AK is a heavy unwieldy bitch to go strolling through a grocery store with.

Zundfolge1432 Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:58 am

Nothing happened here when it became open carry. Previously they had concealed carry and those that do you cannot distinguish from those that are unarmed. I dont know about you but if I were a bad guy Id be more inclined to take out the tough guy brandishing his gun to get him out of the way and Id be more worried about the concealed fellow who I cannot identify.

Zundfolge1432 Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:00 am

mark tucker wrote: panama city Florida has become a 2nd amendment sanctuary city, if you have a carry permit ,and legalized citizen.you may bring your gun to work.I wonder how this is going over at the air port.....or banks. keep your eye on bubba mo, he's pissed today....

Airport is under Federal Regulation, banks too.

TDCTDI Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:06 am

Zundfolge1432 wrote: Nothing happened here when it became open carry. Previously they had concealed carry and those that do you cannot distinguish from those that are unarmed. I dont know about you but if I were a bad guy Id be more inclined to take the tough guy brandishing his gun to get him out of the way and Id be more worried about the concealed fellow who I cannot identify.


Exactly.


Besides, someone with ill intent is more likely to try to conceal their actions until they're closer to their intended target.

Glenn Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:12 am

TDCTDI wrote: Exactly.


Besides, someone with ill intent is more likely to try to conceal their actions until they're closer to their intended target.
I fully understand you don't need a gun to inflict serious damage.



I just don't think people need to carry weapons on them at all times.

Home defense is a different story.

iowegian Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:13 am

Glenn wrote:

Here's cute couple shopping.


Shopper thinks: "I'll give up my scrub brush when you pry it from my cold, dead hands."

TDCTDI Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:26 am

Glenn wrote:
I just don't think people need to carry weapons on them at all times.



Why not? Your link is a prime example of how someone with ill intent was able to inflict maximum, or far more damage & get away because the crowd had no ability to defend each other or themselves.


Do you keep a fire extinguisher in your car? Do you take it out just because you don't think that you'll need it that day? You'd much rather have it & never use it than to need it & not have it.

Glenn Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:34 am

TDCTDI wrote: Glenn wrote:
I just don't think people need to carry weapons on them at all times.



Why not? Your article is a prime example of how someone with ill intent was able to inflict maximum damage & get away because the crowd had no ability to defend each other or themselves.
At my synagogue we had to allocate $50,000 for security on Shabbat and Sunday morning for school. We simply can't afford to have hired security on Monday-Thursday during school hours or Friday night for services.

We discussed allowing congregants with a carry permits to bring them and decided not to. Didn't want to get the paid security not knowing who was armed.

We rather leave security to professionals.

TDCTDI Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:41 am

I guarantee you that those with permits are carrying anyway. A security officer is always going to think about their personal well being before looking out for you or your family.


A school, church, or any place where large groups of people congregate, that does not allow people to carry, is going to be a soft target.

bigdog1962 Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:50 am

I hear your points. As a concealed carrier I get it.
But I think carrying out in the open like the Walmart couple is an invitation for trouble. Just like saying "I dare you....."

I'm afraid there are unintended consequences with open carry.

ToolBox Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:20 am

bigdog1962 wrote: I hear your points. As a concealed carrier I get it.
But I think carrying out in the open like the Walmart couple is an invitation for trouble. Just like saying "I dare you....."

I'm afraid there are unintended consequences with open carry.

Like walking into a police station in body armor while carrying? The police showed a very high level of restraint.

Just because you can does not mean you should...

Zundfolge1432 Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:26 am

Open carry especially in public places is for cowboys and those wanting to be noticed. The person advertising they are armed is going to be taken out first. Concealed is the only way to go, youll remember just a couple of weeks ago armed church members took out a kook rather quickly but the kook still managed to kill and injure a few. What would it be like if the only person having a gun was the kook? Sad but what are we going to do?



Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group