TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: The faces of the Ghia Forum. Who are you? Page: 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Vladiiiii Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:01 pm

Hello dear Samba fans, I just came across an idea....

Although I'm not part of these forums for a long time, I fail to find a "meet and greet" topic. But not in the way that everybody presents himself, but only through a picture. Maybe with a line of text, that's it.

So (for those who are brave enough?)........let's put some faces to the names!

I'll start..... :oops: I don't care how young/old or fit/not fit you are, if this hobby joins us, nobody should, either :wink: This is me, picking up my Ghia. Nice from far away, but far from nice :evil:

To be honest, I just hope I'm not the only moron thinking like that :roll: :lol:

Nice meeting you!
Vlad

kingkarmann Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:22 pm

Great idea Vladii!

Here I am getting my smile on 8)

Mark R.
aka kingkarmann

Oh, and either this pandemic is making me eat more or the Ghia is getting smaller :oops:

rbsurfguy Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:53 am

Awesome Vlad, I always enjoy putting a face to a name!

Here's me a few years ago before I tore my Ghia down, only one I can find at the moment with me and my Ghia:

Jeff

John Moxon Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:20 am

Here's two of us... Udo (udo dreisoerner) and myself. :)

Udo's '56...

and my '58...

Vladiiiii Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:37 am

Hey, thanks for the positive feedback, and for the smiles! Keep them coming! 8)

@Mark : The pandemic also makes my Weissbier bottles dissapear at an alarming rate. With the mentioned results :oops: :lol:

@Jeff : That looks great in the picture! But then again, many "befores" look great from far away and through a PC screen :cry: :P

@John : Hello Mr. Waters :P Those really are some nice pictures! Unfortunately, from the wrong end of Germany :lol:

Happy to see you all :)

Ant B Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:40 am

What a good idea.

This is me with my other hobby.

My small Radio Control model aircraft fuselage.

And launching my rubber powered free flight messerschmitt 109e.

Ant

Marcdeb Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:09 pm

Great idea Vlad. A nice way to connect a bit more.
My car is not looking it's best, but aren't they all so cool to look at! No matter what condition! 8) :D

iowegian Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:26 pm

I no longer own a Ghia, so no picture.
But--------visualize an old, short, fat, bald guy with a little light yellow car and you'll get the idea.

KGCoupe Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:38 pm

iowegian wrote: I no longer own a Ghia, so no picture.
But--------visualize an old, short, fat, bald guy with a little light yellow car and you'll get the idea. I have no old photos of me standing next to my Ghia, and I'm not posting one now showing how it's currently buried beneath a hoarder's mess of useless shit in the garage. :oops:

Just imagine an iowegian looking guy that's not as old (but then who is?), a little taller, a little leaner, not nearly as bald, and not wearing shoes with Velcro closures.

PeteSC Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:44 pm

My wife, daughters, me, and my Ghia with Dennis Gage. :)

Vladiiiii Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:47 pm

That, Sirs, is NOT an excuse [-X

Although pictures near to your Ghias are appreciated, they are by no means mandatory :lol:

@Ant: I have a somewhat older friend (university teacher) that also flies rubber powered airplanes. (Or at least, did it 10-15 years ago), I thought that hobby was almost dead, guess I'm wrong....

@Marc: Our imagination and day-dreaming about how it will look and drive, is keeping our interest going in the restoration time :wink: In my mind, my Ghia already has thousands of miles on the clock, even if I only started with the fuse box today!

@Pete: Lovely Lowlight family!

TDCTDI Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:52 pm

Marcdeb wrote:
My car is not looking it's best, but aren't they all so cool to look at! No matter what condition! 8) :D

Well said, but in my case, I'm sure the purists are still twitchin'

aerosilver Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:59 pm

Me & mine..

rbsurfguy Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:28 pm

TDCTDI wrote:

Somehow this is exactly how I pictured you!!!! AWESOME!!
Jeff

Trylon Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:38 pm

I’m the one on the right.

A friend after seeing this photo:
“Ahhh, he looks just like you!”

kiwighia68 Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:22 pm

Okay, I'll play along, although I must say, I much prefer the Vintage Ghia photos with all the beautiful girls/women in them.

After a Level 4 Lockdown and a 3-month long prior enforced hibernation, Emiko and I came out today.

The sun still shines in New Zealand, today a little more than yesterday. I think we've beaten the C-19 virus back.

Marcdeb Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:37 pm

rbsurfguy wrote: TDCTDI wrote:

Somehow this is exactly how I pictured you!!!! AWESOME!!
Jeff

Somehow, this not at all how I pictured you! Great photo!! :lol: =D> =D>

Marcdeb Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:40 pm

Trylon wrote: I’m the one on the right.

A friend after seeing this photo:
“Ahhh, he looks just like you!”

I would have guessed you are the one in the middle!! :lol: :lol:

djkeev Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:36 pm

Here I am back in the early 70's with my future bride (married 45 years this August, we've been dating for over 50 years) though we didn't have a wedding planned when this photo was taken.
Yes, I can stick to a commitment!

And here I am today!
I haven't changed much have I? This is after 2 daughters and 8 Grandchildren.

Dave

67 Florida Deluxe Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:45 pm

iowegian wrote: I no longer own a Ghia, so no picture.
But--------visualize an old, short, fat, bald guy with a little light yellow car and you'll get the idea.
Danny DeVito