TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Can anyone tell me what seats these are?
askSTEEVESdtcom Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:05 am

These were in my 1971 Ghia when I bought it. I know they aren't actually Ghia seats. Maybe from a Bug? Any ideas what they are? Just looking to get new seat covers and padding, and get back on the road :)

Any help is much appreciated!

[/img]

TDCTDI Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:15 am

Seat tracks suggest that they're aftermarket. Ill fitting, VW appearing upholstery looks like someone used seat covers meant for a Beetle or Ghia.

askSTEEVESdtcom Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:38 am

Thanks for the help! Sounds like that'd be difficult to find better covers then...

If I found some original seats, what would I need to attach the seat to the tracks? I feel like I'd be missing some parts there as well

TDCTDI Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:51 am

If you source original seats, you will need to source original seat tracks if your car does not have them. THe original seat tracks were welded to the floor pans & the original seats slid onto these tracks.

askSTEEVESdtcom Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:02 am

Yep I believe the original tracks are still in place. They were on the original pans. I guess I'm curious how the seat would then attach to the tracks. Is there a rail that bolts to the tracks and then the seat slides on?

TDCTDI Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:08 am

The seats have the upper part of the track attached to them.

They can be seen in this ad.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2373303

Do a search in the “Ghia classified” section for more seats that sellers have listed for some that might be closer or more affordable.

askSTEEVESdtcom Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:14 am

Ohhh so it literally slides right onto the tracks... got it! Thanks so much for the direction!

Too bad my current seats appear to be aftermarket