TheSamba.com Forums
 
  View original topic: BBT Oval front fenders Page: 1, 2  Next
Wolfgang1 Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:34 pm

Hi out there,

i hope you are all fine!

I havenīt found anything here in the forum about the new BBT oval front fenders:



As they are available iīm interested in more details and pics?

Fitment, details, quality, price...

Thanks a lot!

Regards,
Wolfgang

Frederik22 Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:30 am

Hi Wolfgang,

I work at BBT and we are very proud on this new product.
As they are quite new and only came in this month, we haven't had many reviews yet.

However one of our customers and friend of the house Stefan "De Garaasj" has already fitted them.
You can find his review here:

https://www.facebook.com/176485782380840/posts/3375875555775164/?d=n

Kind regards from Belgium & stay well!

gimmesomeshelter Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:23 am

Hmmm. I wonder how they compare the the fenders sold by klassicfab.

https://www.klassicfab.com/product/kft1-06-left-side-front-fender-oval-beetle/

Cheers,

Paul

FRK Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:40 pm

Frederik22 wrote: Hi Wolfgang,

I work at BBT and we are very proud on this new product.
As they are quite new and only came in this month, we haven't had many reviews yet.

However one of our customers and friend of the house Stefan "De Garaasj" has already fitted them.
You can find his review here:

https://www.facebook.com/176485782380840/posts/3375875555775164/?d=n

Kind regards from Belgium & stay well!
That's great Frederik!
Do you guys have split front fenders? What about rear fenders?
Thanks!

Suboval Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:52 pm

https://blog.bbt4vw.com/2019/10/27/funny-draft/

splitjunkie Fri May 01, 2020 6:44 am

Suboval wrote: https://blog.bbt4vw.com/2019/10/27/funny-draft/

Great pictures. Clearly shows how many dies and thus investment to make front fenders.

Rears take quite a few less since they don't have the hump and hole for the headlights but still a significant investment.

I look forward to hearing how these fit and look.

nshaddox Fri May 01, 2020 7:33 am

How do we find US based dealers? Any in the midwest or East coast?

EverettB Fri May 01, 2020 9:46 am

nshaddox wrote: How do we find US based dealers? Any in the midwest or East coast?

These guys are BBT distributors in America - ask them
http://www.vwvintageparts.com/

VW_Jimbo Fri May 01, 2020 11:06 am

EverettB wrote: nshaddox wrote: How do we find US based dealers? Any in the midwest or East coast?

These guys are BBT distributors in America - ask them
http://www.vwvintageparts.com/

This place is 30 minutes away from me! Never even knew they were around. WOW! Guess I have a new place to get parts from. Thanks for posting this!

Erik G Fri May 01, 2020 11:32 am

VW_Jimbo wrote: EverettB wrote: nshaddox wrote: How do we find US based dealers? Any in the midwest or East coast?

These guys are BBT distributors in America - ask them
http://www.vwvintageparts.com/

This place is 30 minutes away from me! Never even knew they were around. WOW! Guess I have a new place to get parts from. Thanks for posting this!

hey Jimbo. That's a great shop, highly recommend them. I was able to get a BBT Belgium only item ordered through them, transaction was flawless and I'm a couple states over in Texas. Cheers

grailoc Tue May 05, 2020 2:44 pm

For Canada,
https://www.cip1.ca/Default.asp is expected to get some of these fenders available in the coming months.

I have been in touch with their customer service, however I am still pending yet on the price tag they will be listed.

Frederik22 Wed May 06, 2020 2:18 am

FRK wrote: Frederik22 wrote: Hi Wolfgang,

I work at BBT and we are very proud on this new product.
As they are quite new and only came in this month, we haven't had many reviews yet.

However one of our customers and friend of the house Stefan "De Garaasj" has already fitted them.
You can find his review here:

https://www.facebook.com/176485782380840/posts/3375875555775164/?d=n

Kind regards from Belgium & stay well!
That's great Frederik!
Do you guys have split front fenders? What about rear fenders?
Thanks!

Splitwindow ones will also come within 1-2 months from now.
They will have the specific splitwindow headlight bowl and round horn grill hole. (we will also offer the STD model, without horn grill hole)

We will first see how the front ones will go and afterwards we will probably start developping the rear ones.

Kind regards
Frederik

Volksvr6gti Wed May 06, 2020 3:08 am

Any chance you will have some oval ones with the bullet housings installed. No biggie if not, we can always weld them in ourselves, but just checking

Frederik22 Wed May 06, 2020 4:03 am

Volksvr6gti wrote: Any chance you will have some oval ones with the bullet housings installed. No biggie if not, we can always weld them in ourselves, but just checking

Unfortunately not, we thought by offering the housing seperately, people would be able to add them themselves.

Kind regards

Frederik22 Mon May 18, 2020 5:16 am

We just worked out a distributing deal with California Import parts to distribute all 6 different fenders in US & Canadian market.

They will have the following available from August/September on:

0104-050 Fender front left -10/52 with horn grill TQ
0104-055 Fender front left -10/52 without horn grill TQ
0104-060 Fender front left 11/52-07/59 with horn grill TQ

0105-050 Fender front right -10/52 with horn grill TQ
0105-055 Fender front right -10/52 without horn grill TQ
0105-060 Fender front right 11/52-07/59 with horn grill TQ

To contact them regarding pricing and shipping, you can find their information here:

https://www2.cip1.com/Articles.asp?ID=142

Kind regards
Frederik (BBT Belgium)

gimmesomeshelter Mon May 18, 2020 9:07 am

"We just worked out a distributing deal with California Import parts to distribute all 6 different fenders in US & Canadian market."

:D

Cheers,

Paul

tisius Mon May 25, 2020 1:46 pm

=D> good stuff here!!! :popcorn:

pastellgreen Tue May 26, 2020 1:54 pm

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=9357373&highlight=#9357373

VeeDee Tue May 26, 2020 2:33 pm

I think that's what you are all looking for....

https://www.mecatechnic.com/en-GB/aile-avant-gauch...A11704.htm

PEPPE Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:22 am

i am using one of them in a 59 beetle. i tried to purchase only one because i had around an original one from an european 1955. unfortunately they do not match, the pressing around the headlamp is different on the original it is more rounded. there are also other details here and there. the painter suggested to purchase a pair to avoid problems.



Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group