TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Type 3 Z-bar bushing/sleeve kit
Sgauthier Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:49 pm

Help. I need to rebuild my z-bar on '67 Square. The sleeves are long gone and not sure about the bushings yet. Both sides rattle around and make hella noise. I see that ISP has a T1 kit (currently sold out), and read another post that it is NOT interchangeable with T3. Can I just make something work sorta like this in pic that looks like fuel line? I would rather just rebuild them I can find a full kit.

Please advise and thanks.

Mike Fisher Fri May 01, 2020 9:47 am

Go to McMaster-Carr etc to find the components yourself as you already know no one is selling a kit.

Bobnotch Fri May 01, 2020 10:55 am

Sgauthier wrote: Help. I need to rebuild my z-bar on '67 Square. The sleeves are long gone and not sure about the bushings yet. Both sides rattle around and make hella noise. I see that ISP has a T1 kit (currently sold out), and read another post that it is NOT interchangeable with T3. Can I just make something work sorta like this in pic that looks like fuel line? I would rather just rebuild them I can find a full kit.

Please advise and thanks.

The fuel hose was added to keep it from rattling metal to metal.

Sgauthier Fri May 01, 2020 11:56 am

I gathered the fuel hose was just a Bandaid to keep it quiet. After some more digging around, I was actually able to track down used ones with all of the sleeves and bushings from Joel at T3P.

Thanks all. On to the next project......

Sgauthier Tue May 05, 2020 3:54 pm

Z-bars installed - much quieter and handles better of course BUT I still have a loud noise when I go over large bumps/potholes. I thought it was the engine compartment lid banging around so took it off and had my son sit in the back seat while we drove around some potholes to see if he could figure out where the noise is coming from. It wasn't the lid but definitely coming from driver's side rear. I have looked around to see what if anything is loose or maybe in close contact with frame that might create the noise when going over big holes but nothing.

Any thoughts?....