TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: OfferUp
awreed Sun May 17, 2020 2:58 pm

What in the hell is wrong with people on OfferUp? I price my crap to sell fast, and nearly every reply is an offer for no more than half of my asking price. When I'm desperate to make room in the garage I will immediately accept ANY offer, which has so far yielded zero replies. This makes no sense to me. Low ball me, I get it: the app is called OfferUp. But when my immediate counter-offer is "sure, when can you pick up?", I expect a reply. Why throw out an offer if you don't really want the item?

Glenn Sun May 17, 2020 3:25 pm

Too many people watching TV s shows where everyone batters and assume that's how everyone works.

nsracing Sun May 17, 2020 3:42 pm

tire-kickers all day long. :lol:

just what are you selling?

modok Sun May 17, 2020 3:56 pm

if your price is too low they think it's junk.

60ragtop Sun May 17, 2020 5:46 pm

why not complain to OfferUp and see what they say :?:

awreed Sun May 17, 2020 6:21 pm

nsracing wrote: tire-kickers all day long. :lol:

just what are you selling?

A little bit of everything. VW parts, furniture, bobbleheads, a jewelry box, a 150cc scooter at one point.

mood wrote: if your price is too low they think it's junk.

I get that. But why make me an offer at all, then? Whether I counter offer or just accept their offer, I have NEVER received a reply. The only people who actually buy crap on this pile of an app are the ones who DON'T make an offer and just ask when they can pick up.

Onceler Sun May 17, 2020 7:33 pm

It must be the digital version of these jackasses that always want to know if itís for sale when ur minding your own business driving your VW. I always give them a shockingly high price, freakin tweakers.

Abscate Mon May 18, 2020 6:16 am

Just double your ask....

nsracing Mon May 18, 2020 7:05 am

Onceler wrote: It must be the digital version of these jackasses that always want to know if itís for sale when ur minding your own business driving your VW. I always give them a shockingly high price, freakin tweakers.

tweakers? :lol:

I get the same tweakers when I take the M14 match rifle out at the range. Ask me the cost of building one in that condition. I do my best not to be rude - tell it cost a little bit but not too much.

Erik G Mon May 18, 2020 7:58 am

I find the offerup platform to be kinda shitty. mine for instance doesnt keep me logged in, I might not even see your reply...

BGLOCOTE Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:03 pm

Offerup and Facebook marketplace are extremely frustrating full of scams and sellers who never respond. Why list something you have no intention on selling. Try to sell something forget it no shows no response.

EverettB Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:37 pm

I haven't had trouble with Facebook marketplace myself but I've heard OfferUp is full of stolen stuff.

I don't have any proof other than reading this online and personally seeing some stuff on there (bicycles) that I am pretty sure were stolen due to the prices.