TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Rare Commercial Vehicles Page: Previous  1, 2
volksaddict Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:19 am

:lol:

Second Air Force Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:27 am

FarmerBill wrote: BarryL wrote: pyrOman wrote: I bet this one is as rare as it can possibly be! :shock:
That thing is just wwhhroong.

Do you think that thing is rear wheel steering, or articulated? Also, what is that thing?

That is a lavatory servicing truck. The fellow on top of the tank is connecting the hose to the dump valve fitting. (Notice his gear--akin to the flight suit for an Me163 flight!)

I agree, looks like a Matador.

mandraks Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:03 am

mdege wrote: pyrOman wrote: I bet this one is as rare as it can possibly be! :shock:

That's not a VW. It looks like a Tempo Matador to me.

https://tempo-dienst.de/fahrzeuge/matador-e/

i think this one has been discussed before.

since those are Front Wheel Drive, they possibly just flipped the cab around and made it rear steer?

velvetgreen Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:11 am

^^ where's the engine situated? having a hard time understanding how this honeywagon would work?

LJay Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:38 pm

j.pickens wrote: If we are referring to Kombis as commercial vehicles, then this is the only one known to exist:

1960 Sunroof Swivelseat Kombi

Build thread:

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=533826&highlight=sunroof+swivelseat+kombi

Oooft! That’s a monster bus!
When I see buses like this, I mean a swivel seat is bought for a reason so why add a sunroof?
:in the dealership: “want a sunroof”? “yeah! Fuck it why not” :lol:

j.pickens Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:32 pm

Nearest we can figure is that it was a school bus.
Details are in the build thread.

mandraks Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:50 pm

velvetgreen wrote: ^^ where's the engine situated? having a hard time understanding how this honeywagon would work?

these were front engine front wheel drive. were built for decades, may still be just with newer engines and bodies.

LJay Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:18 pm

j.pickens wrote: Nearest we can figure is that it was a school bus.
Details are in the build thread.

I see now,just finished reading the whole thing, Great bus and great thread!