TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Shock size help.
hillmooley Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:21 pm

Please. I need help. Looked in the FAQ and shock thread. I changed arm on a link pin front. Now I can't figure out what shock I need. Where the shock bolts to the arm is much fatter then the old arms. Around 5/8 thick. The old one was about 1/2.
I stacked on ball joint spindles on some old king pin stuff is what started my problem. So I need open lenth to be about 17". Is there two different style king pin? Thanks, I want to go riding bad.

hillmooley Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:54 pm

Does it have a sleeve rusted on maybe?

hillmooley Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:59 pm

Ok. Emergency over. Just a old sleeve. I'm a dumbass....I'll get better. Heheha.

jsturtlebuggy Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:37 pm

Good to hear you found the problem with the lower shock mount.
You are not the first or be the last that has run into having the lower shock mounting sleeve rust its' self to the mounting stud.
I use Anti-seize on the stud so it and the upper bolt so it does not happen again.

dustymojave Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:30 pm

jsturtlebuggy wrote: Good to hear you found the problem with the lower shock mount.
You are not the first or be the last that has run into having the lower shock mounting sleeve rust its' self to the mounting stud.
I use Anti-seize on the stud so it and the upper bolt so it does not happen again.
I was looking through the emoticons here for a "thumbs up" but there isn't one. Isn't much of ANY approval emoticons. LOTS of negative ones though.

So yeah Joe,

"Thumbs up!!!"