TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: The Roach Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Tram Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:36 am

vwfye wrote: Why thank you very much!

Which bolts, exactly?

The surefire method I use to find lost parts is to buy replacements. The lost parts will turn up right after. Works like magic!

vwfye Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:47 pm

Tram wrote: vwfye wrote: Why thank you very much!

Which bolts, exactly?

The surefire method I use to find lost parts is to buy replacements. The lost parts will turn up right after. Works like magic!

Yep.... btdt many, many times

Bobnotch Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:33 am

Tram wrote: vwfye wrote: Why thank you very much!

Which bolts, exactly?

You too? I don't know how many times I've had that happen to me.

Clatter Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:15 pm

Bobnotch wrote: Tram wrote: vwfye wrote: Why thank you very much!

Which bolts, exactly?

You too? I don't know how many times I've had that happen to me.

Word!

vwfye Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:06 pm

Pan back on 4 tires and on the ground. Next step is getting the body on the pan this week.

vwfye Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:54 am

Test fit

Bobnotch Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:19 pm

Looks good like that. 8) Takes up less space too. :lol: So what are you lacking to make it a permanent connection (car)?

vwfye Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:24 pm

I want to do some more work on the rear suspension, the lower part of the body, and wiring work. I figure working on a stool under the dash will be easier on my back. Lifting it off one more time should be all I need to do.

Bobnotch Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:36 pm

vwfye wrote: I want to do some more work on the rear suspension, the lower part of the body, and wiring work. I figure working on a stool under the dash will be easier on my back. Lifting it off one more time should be all I need to do.
Yup, that worked well for Steve on his project.

vwfye Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:29 pm

Went through the trim... need both front fender side marker belt line trims, 1500s script and bumpers...

VWporscheGT3 Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:13 pm

Bobnotch wrote: vwfye wrote: I want to do some more work on the rear suspension, the lower part of the body, and wiring work. I figure working on a stool under the dash will be easier on my back. Lifting it off one more time should be all I need to do.

Fricken cheaters..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

andybla Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:44 pm

Looking good!

Bobnotch Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:05 pm

VWporscheGT3 wrote: Bobnotch wrote: vwfye wrote: I want to do some more work on the rear suspension, the lower part of the body, and wiring work. I figure working on a stool under the dash will be easier on my back. Lifting it off one more time should be all I need to do.

Fricken cheaters..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, but he already lost a few days to a messed up back. Next he'll come up with another excuse for something else. :wink: Just look at his turbo motor he was working on for his drag/race car. jk Just teasing Brian. :lol:
Hey if it works, then why not go with it. Some of us just have to do it the hard way. :wink:

vwfye Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:42 pm

Turbo is off the car Bob. When the engine let go, I took it off. I built a Sweep the Floor engine and just got it running 10 min ago. Race saturday ;)

Bobnotch Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:45 pm

vwfye wrote: Turbo is off the car Bob. When the engine let go, I took it off. I built a Sweep the Floor engine and just got it running 10 min ago. Race saturday ;)

You must be feeling better then. 8) That's good. Hope it runs good. :D

vwfye Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:47 pm

This time, after 2 no/low pressure STF builds, I found the issue. Now, 70 psi cold!

vwfye Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:07 pm

Bobnotch wrote:

You must be feeling better then. 8) That's good. Hope it runs good. :D

Yep. 4 chiropractic visits in 8 days helps.

vwfye Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:30 pm

Made a hole in the garage... out of upcoming weather.

vwfye Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:41 pm

Waiting on parts, but with 107F projected for tomorrow, I don't mind a few days wait.

vwfye Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:32 pm

Started to work on the color, but 108F kicked my butt.