TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Where does it go?
Bordhead Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:04 am

Yellow connector wire on top of A/C compressor. It's a 91 vanagon with a Sanden 709. Thank you for your help.

Ahwahnee Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:23 am

Since you have not had a reply... lots of those yellow connectors on a Vanagon - perhaps mentioning the color of the wire (or better yet a photo) would elicit a response.

shadetreemech Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:21 pm

I think he's referring to the yellow connector that sits on top of the A/C compressor. Out of town away from the Van & Bentley. Compressor clutch wire, maybe?

Happy Forfa Chula!

Dan

IdahoDoug Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:55 pm

Single wire? Connector is yellow - what about the single wire? Multiple wires? Colors? Auto/Manual, stock engine? Just a few conversation starters....

campism Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:28 am

Mine has a red-with-black (or is it blue?) coming out of a plug on the compressor leading to a yellow-with-green that leads to the grey wire bundle snaking around the front of the engine compartment, to the ECU perhaps? Mine is an '87 with a manual trans, so that might be germane. The guess by @shadetreemech might be accurate, but I have not memorized my van's wiring loom and my Bentley is hiding right now.

Bordhead Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:20 pm

Hi Guys - Thanks so much, I don't see anything nearby to plug this to at all... Here is the connector. It's a 91 GL 4 speed with a sanden 709 compressor.
[/img]

WiboBusMan Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:12 pm

Bentley, page 97.144, track 26 and 27 show the two red/blue wires shown in your photo.

One of your red/blue wires goes to the AC clutch relay terminal 2/87, and the other goes to the idle stabilizer control unit J142.

I suspect the one you show is the latter, as it is on a single terminal connector and not on your typical relay connector.

Your wire should hook up to another red/blue wire that goes to J142, terminal 8/LS, as shown on page 97.207 of Bentley, track 42.

W

crazyvwvanman Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:23 pm

Look over under the ignition coil for a loose wire with yellow plastic connector that mates with the one from the compressor clutch. It will have a different color wire!

Mark

WiboBusMan Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:35 pm

crazyvwvanman wrote: It will have a different color wire!

Not according to Bentley, as stated above, but I have seen several cases of discrepancies between the Theoretical Bentley, and the Real World!

W

crazyvwvanman Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:42 pm

I'm going by the dozens of Digifant harnesses I have laid my hands on.
But I just looked at the Bentley anyway, all Digifant years show a white/green wire for that clutch wire to plug into.
Pin 2 of the ICU.

Mark

WiboBusMan wrote: crazyvwvanman wrote: It will have a different color wire!

Not according to Bentley, as stated above, but I have seen several cases of discrepancies between the Theoretical Bentley, and the Real World!

W

WiboBusMan Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:20 pm

I'd say you are right - as in "Real World" - Bentley is in error at page 97.144 track 27.

W

Bordhead Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:35 am

Thank you - I'll have a better look behind / near / around the coil tonight! Really appreciate it!