TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: 1960 Vw camper Id
brianacarey Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:29 pm

Saw this neat old camper today. It was not for sale but really neat to look at. Can anyone tell me what camper kit this is? Just curious.

AS350driver Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:55 pm

Looks like a subhatch Westfalia, with a lot of its camper kit remaining, and still has its heater. I think it’s an SO-23 kit. The bus looks restorable from what I can see, and is a very desirable bus.

You really, really need to persuade them to sell it to you. It’s a shame if it rots away or gets “scattered “ for parts.

edgood1 Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:18 pm

:shock: that is the stuff vw dreams are made of

sub-hatchtim Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:45 pm

59 westy

I'd bust my butt to try and get that thing

AS350driver Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:49 pm

There’s probably people on here already forensically analyzing the pics to pinpoint where it is to go get it. Lol

brianacarey Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:54 pm

Please don’t contact this guy. He was nice enough to let me look at it. I didn’t realize it was an odd bus. It is pretty rough.

I will keep trying but doubt it will happen.

Thanks.

sub-hatchtim Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:57 pm

I'd swing by from time to time with a 6 pack or offer to help around the property

That's a fairly desirable bus that looks pretty intact

brianacarey Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:04 pm

I am sorry folks. I was contacted by several people with concerns that my pics might include info on location of the bus. I am sorry that I wasted your time and apologize for my ignorance on what can be done. I was just curious about what it was and will be more careful in the future.

mastorna Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:10 pm

Oh you have found a gem for sure. SO-23. Those cushion covers are probably keeping a hidden surprise underneath. Great find.