TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Fiamma awning shipping costs $$$
Vanuber Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:48 am

So I was interested in buying a Fiamma F45s awning and maybe the privacy room until I realized shipping is $230 from GW and $300 from RMW.

I live in VA and there are no dealers nearby.

Is this the only option? Did other owner's bite the bullet on shipping costs?

kamzcab86 Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:07 pm

Vanuber wrote: Did other owner's bite the bullet on shipping costs?

Yep. Mine was drop-shipped via freight from Fiamma in Florida. The box it's shipped in is nearly as heavy as the awning. The length and weight make it expensive to ship.

Corwyn Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:11 pm

ROAD TRIP! Go get it . . .

vanagonjr Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:17 pm

kamzcab86 wrote: Vanuber wrote: Did other owner's bite the bullet on shipping costs?

Yep. Mine was drop-shipped via freight from Fiamma in Florida. The box it's shipped in is nearly as heavy as the awning. The length and weight make it expensive to ship.

Ditto-mine drop shipped from Fla to MA.(GoWesty purchase). Was $200 shipping in Nov of 2018.

valvecovergasket Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:21 pm

vanagonjr wrote: kamzcab86 wrote: Vanuber wrote: Did other owner's bite the bullet on shipping costs?

Ditto-mine drop shipped from Fla to MA.(GoWesty purchase). Was $200 shipping in Nov of 2018.

Same, I'm in WA and don't remember freight being more than a couple hundred.

Vanuber Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:00 pm

Alrighty then. I'll have to factor that in, though I also like the road trip idea!

robert reese Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:37 pm

I also would like to buy a Fiamma awning, I'm in North Carolina . You could maybe do a East coast group buy. Make the road trip wroth while. I would be in on it

Vanuber Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:24 pm

robert reese wrote: I also would like to buy a Fiamma awning, I'm in North Carolina . You could maybe do a East coast group buy. Make the road trip wroth while. I would be in on it

Great idea. I will think about that.

However, Blue Ridge Adventure Vehicles is listed as an Asheville dealer on Fiammaís website. http://www.blueridgeadventurevehicles.com/

dobryan Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:58 pm

Yep. Sucked it up and paid for shipping.

syncrodoka Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:18 pm

Vanuber wrote: Alrighty then. I'll have to factor that in, though I also like the road trip idea!
It says that it is a drop ship item. A road trip won't get you an awning.

Abscate Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:49 am

Definitely a group buy and group ship item.

vanagonjr Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:58 am

syncrodoka wrote: Vanuber wrote: Alrighty then. I'll have to factor that in, though I also like the road trip idea!
Why not? He's in Virginia and Fiamma is in Orlando Florida.

Lot of east coasters, and Michigan area too, road trip there every winter or spring.

Ride-Fly Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:21 am

I got lucky and found a RV/Sprinter accessory store near me and got the F45S 10í awning two years ago. I even got a slight discount (5% off of retail IIRC).

My point is not to brag (about my luck and discount :) ) but to ask if you are sure there arenít RV/Sprinter stores near you? Even if they arenít an official Fiamma dealer, they might still be able to special order one for you.

syncrodoka Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:03 am

vanagonjr wrote: syncrodoka wrote: Vanuber wrote: Alrighty then. I'll have to factor that in, though I also like the road trip idea!
Why not? He's in Virginia and Fiamma is in Orlando Florida.

Lot of east coasters, and Michigan area too, road trip there every winter or spring.
Ah, go to fiamma not GW or VC.

CessnaJon Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:16 am

Iím planning to pick up a Fiamma F35 in Orlando next weekend. Let me know if I need to grab a few extras.

Vanuber Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:14 am

CessnaJon wrote: Iím planning to pick up a Fiamma F35 in Orlando next weekend. Let me know if I need to grab a few extras.

Thanks for the offer! You are still 9 hrs from me though. I am going to check some of the RV stores early next week. But will keep this in mind.

Dark Alley Dan Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:24 am

We headed down to WY for the eclipse a few years ago. Stayed not far from RMW. They delivered to our hotel for a nominal fee and then we drove the whole shebang back to Edmonton, AB.

Not cheap, but we were in town anyway, so what the hell.

By the way, next major NA eclipse is in 2024. Start planning now. You really need to see this.

Vanuber Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:00 am

robert reese wrote: I also would like to buy a Fiamma awning, I'm in North Carolina . You could maybe do a East coast group buy. Make the road trip wroth while. I would be in on it

I talked to Blue Ridge Adventure Vehicles this morning, located in Asheville, NC. He is in fact a Fiamma dealer and can get anything in the catalog. However, you still have to pay for shipping to his store as he does not stock parts. The cost to ship an awning is $150. Direct shipping to my house was also an option for $200.

In short, if you aren't picking up from a retailer that stocks the parts (RMW/VanCafe, Go Westy, Fiamma Orlando) there are still significant shipping costs.

Also, Blue Ridge Adventure Vehicles pricing was on par with RMW and GW.