TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Is STF officially "dead"? Page: 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Chickensoup Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:31 am

So I decided to hop on over over to shop talk just to see what's going on and too my surprise, nothing. Its looks to me that stf is actually dead as for I've only found a few new post. And most of them are just people asking questions. Is the samba the last active forum for is vdub guys?

Erik G Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:37 am

thought it was dead years ago

everything is moving to FB and it sucks, because it's difficult to search and the old guys refuse to use it. it's a knowledge loss but can't be surprised with 40-70 year old cars.

I'm sure the same thing happened with Model T newsletters, I know that's what happened with VW mailings like NONA, the 912 registry, etc

67 Florida Deluxe Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:13 am

I've never even heard of it 8-[

Chickensoup Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:18 am

67 Florida Deluxe wrote: I've never even heard of it 8-[

I'm not suprized lol. I've stumbled upon a few very small vw forums that haven't been touched in years. One of them was something like georgiana aircooled owners or something like that. And as we know, cal look forums website was taken down it was so dead.

gt1953 Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:45 am

STF = what? Shut the F
I honestly had to read further and then there it was. Why not say it up front verses a few letters.
No facebook here and never will. As mention to hard to search it.

Chickensoup Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:53 am

My biggest issue with Facebook forums is the amount of clueless goons who post complete bologna sandwich because it's easy to post on facebook and there aren't any real consequences. The odds of getting good advice on here is far greater than fakebook :)

Erik G Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:54 am

gt1953 wrote: Why not say it up front verses a few letters.

Because it's always been called STF :?

Glenn Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:56 am

Chickensoup wrote: My biggest issue with Facebook forums is the amount of clueless goons who post complete bologna sandwich because it's easy to post on facebook and there aren't any real consequences. The odds of getting good advice on here is far greater than fakebook :)
So I take that moderators are a good thing.

Erik G Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:00 am

Chickensoup wrote: My biggest issue with Facebook forums is the amount of clueless goons who post complete bologna sandwich because it's easy to post on facebook and there aren't any real consequences. The odds of getting good advice on here is far greater than fakebook :)

Yep. The good Chevy/GMC forums are dead and all that's left is a FB group. Fuck me, it's filled with dumb ass kids, near half with $1K rusted out shitboxes, near half with lifted in the front, squatted in the back bro-dozerz or lifted giant tire 2wd bluetooth driveshaft drivers, and a few of us that actually know the trucks, know the codes, know the GM Tech2 scanner, etc.

Quote: So I take that moderators are a good thing.

fuck yes!

Letterman7 Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:20 am

I just hopped on and it looks like there has been quite a bit of activity over the past few months. Every forum has posts from June-July 2020...

Lingwendil Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:25 am

Yup, and as soon as somebody who makes sense contradicts an old-timer goober on there the admins turn off comments because people can't handle disagreements anymore.

Nearly every facebook group I've come across is either a total nightmare for actual advice and info, or a total lawless wasteland of shitposting and memes. It's good to show off or have a laugh, but serious stuff is hard to eke out.

Chickensoup Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:37 am

Glenn wrote: Chickensoup wrote: My biggest issue with Facebook forums is the amount of clueless goons who post complete bologna sandwich because it's easy to post on facebook and there aren't any real consequences. The odds of getting good advice on here is far greater than fakebook :)

100 percent.... unless that mod is a clueless goon, I guess no then. But all the mods here are fair and actually do there job. Or is it even a real job? Idk. Either way, you guys get the job done paid or not.

Chickensoup Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:40 am

Erik G wrote: Chickensoup wrote: My biggest issue with Facebook forums is the amount of clueless goons who post complete bologna sandwich because it's easy to post on facebook and there aren't any real consequences. The odds of getting good advice on here is far greater than fakebook :)

Yep. The good Chevy/GMC forums are dead and all that's left is a FB group. Fuck me, it's filled with dumb ass kids, near half with $1K rusted out shitboxes, near half with lifted in the front, squatted in the back bro-dozerz or lifted giant tire 2wd bluetooth driveshaft drivers, and a few of us that actually know the trucks, know the codes, know the GM Tech2 scanner, etc.

Quote: So I take that moderators are a good thing.

fuck yes!

Walk into my high school parking lot, I know what your talking about. Beat up squatting chevys and fords, 6 inches of body lift, ghetto 20in rims, tires thinner than tinfoil, not a pleasant sight. It seems that dodges aren't usual victims lol. They must be too expensive :)

Tram Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:51 pm

So did STF finally STFU? :o

babysnakes Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:21 pm

It's not that active but it still has a pulse. I frequent The Type 4rum. It has more performance info on T-4 engines than here. But yeah, it's.....relaxed.

Chickensoup Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:59 pm

Tram wrote: So did STF finally STFU? :o

:lol: :lol:

Glenn Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:46 pm

Guess which is which.

Most users ever online was 5728 on Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:12 pm

Most users ever online was 5312 on Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:23 am

Chickensoup Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:03 pm

Glenn wrote: Guess which is which.

hmmmm... you have a point. I think? BUT... what IF, just IF, STF is lying about theyre most users ever online stats? OR, what IF, it was completely due to sheer luck, and that every other day expect for that one day, never exceeded 3000 or so? or, maybe its because STF has alot of younger folks as compared to the samba and they check the forums frequently? let the conspiracy theories begin :D

EverettB Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:33 pm

Chickensoup wrote: Glenn wrote: Chickensoup wrote: My biggest issue with Facebook forums is the amount of clueless goons who post complete bologna sandwich because it's easy to post on facebook and there aren't any real consequences. The odds of getting good advice on here is far greater than fakebook :)

100 percent.... unless that mod is a clueless goon, I guess no then. But all the mods here are fair and actually do there job. Or is it even a real job? Idk. Either way, you guys get the job done paid or not.

It's not a "real job" but if you think stuff is well moderated here a big part of that is the moderators and they deserve all the compliments.

EverettB Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:34 pm

Glenn wrote: Guess which is which.

I think the 5312 here was possibly a glitch in the matrix, although there have been a few times where the # online was insanely high and legitimate due to links posted in much larger web sites elsewhere.