TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Is STF officially "dead"? Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Tram Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:42 pm

EverettB wrote: Chickensoup wrote: Glenn wrote: Chickensoup wrote: My biggest issue with Facebook forums is the amount of clueless goons who post complete bologna sandwich because it's easy to post on facebook and there aren't any real consequences. The odds of getting good advice on here is far greater than fakebook :)
So I take that moderators are a good thing.

100 percent.... unless that mod is a clueless goon, I guess no then. But all the mods here are fair and actually do there job. Or is it even a real job? Idk. Either way, you guys get the job done paid or not.

It's not a "real job" but if you think stuff is well moderated here a big part of that is the moderators and they deserve all the compliments.

Don't try to gaslight us- it's all Jennepher's iron fist. :roll:

:lol:

Jennepher Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:50 pm

Tram wrote: Don't try to gaslight us- it's all Jennepher's iron fist. :roll:

I wish. I actually try to leave the moderating to Everett and all the dedicated other moderators. I'd most likely go scorched earth and shut down the site if I had to deal with everything they do.

67 Florida Deluxe Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:52 pm

Jennepher wrote: Tram wrote: Don't try to gaslight us- it's all Jennepher's iron fist. :roll:

I wish. I actually try to leave the moderating to Everett and all the dedicated other moderators. I'd most likely go scorched earth and shut down the site if I had to deal with everything they do.

Cheers to that!

Glenn Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:00 pm

Jennepher wrote: Tram wrote: Don't try to gaslight us- it's all Jennepher's iron fist. :roll:

I do it for the cookies.

Chickensoup Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:19 pm

Glenn wrote: Jennepher wrote: Tram wrote: Don't try to gaslight us- it's all Jennepher's iron fist. :roll:

I do it for the cookies.

i would absolutely take your job if everett game me cookies. whats the paying rate? what brand? or are they everetts grandmas cookies?

anyhow,

what if... us normal members started a thank you topic for the mods and administrators? has this been done yet. i was thinking that the goal of the thread would be to see how many thank you's members could post. limited to 1 normal thank you per person of course. i mean, imagine having 50 pages of thankings :D

Ceckert64 Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:34 pm

Didn’t know it existed, might have to look into it more, pretty dead but not completely. Maybe this will give it light again. The was a Michigan VW forum, by the time I found it the newest post was months old. It seems a lot of these smaller forums are dying out and there are fewer and fewer prevalent ones left and they are just abandoned ghost towns. I think the Samba will be around for years to come since it’s the ultimate site for all things VW, buy, sell, learn, research. It’s an amazing well made website that is easy to use with lots of functions.

Part of the dying out may be that a lot of people just post on their social media about progress on their cars vs spending time to post them up on these types of websites.

Facebook, I only have it to look at the classifieds, literally haven’t bothered to see how to use anything else and not bothered to friend anyone. A person I used to be friends with told me how he mess with people on there and pretty much just troll.

Craigslist made a pretty stupid move to charge to list cars and now you have to look in so many places to find the ACVWs or be overwhelmed with results of a ton you don’t want, it’s really starting to shrink I’ve noticed since I had started looking for my first VW years ago.

Chickensoup, same with my high school/ area. Most of them dump tons of money into them to look and run like crap but they can piss of the assistant principal so that’s what’s important :roll: many adults in my area still haven’t grown up from jacked up rust buckets with straight pipes :lol: They all think they are too tuff to wave back at the VW driver, then I just wave at those people all the time because you can watch them get pissed by it :lol:

Let’s keep The Samba going for years to come! I probably should donate a little more :oops:

Ceckert64 Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:38 pm

Chickensoup wrote: Glenn wrote: Jennepher wrote: Tram wrote: Don't try to gaslight us- it's all Jennepher's iron fist. :roll:

I do it for the cookies.

i would absolutely take your job if everett game me cookies. whats the paying rate? what brand? or are they everetts grandmas cookies?

anyhow,

what if... us normal members started a thank you topic for the mods and administrators? has this been done yet. i was thinking that the goal of the thread would be to see how many thank you's members could post. limited to 1 normal thank you per person of course. i mean, imagine having 50 pages of thankings :D
I think there might be some weak starts at that type of thread in the site category but a one for just that would be great. I have no clue where I’d be without this website with all the help I’ve gotten, money I’ve made to find my projects, this site is awesome, so thank you Everett for creating it! :D

Tram Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:13 pm

Ceckert64 wrote: Chickensoup wrote: Glenn wrote: Jennepher wrote: Tram wrote: Don't try to gaslight us- it's all Jennepher's iron fist. :roll:

I do it for the cookies.

anyhow,

I think there might be some weak starts at that type of thread in the site category but a one for just that would be great. I have no clue where I’d be without this website with all the help I’ve gotten, money I’ve made to find my projects, this site is awesome, so thank you Everett for creating it! :D

Those silly stars you can buy say "Thank You" as well. Just sayin'. :wink:

Chickensoup Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:26 pm

Tram wrote: Ceckert64 wrote: Chickensoup wrote: Glenn wrote: Jennepher wrote: Tram wrote: Don't try to gaslight us- it's all Jennepher's iron fist. :roll:

I do it for the cookies.

anyhow,

when i finish my car and decide to become un broke, im buying a 12 month for me and a few others.

everett, if i pay dbl, can you make my star a cookie or a bowel of soup? what if i sent you the code. of course, i would need to see what youve got down for the current star. now everyones gonna want to change their star to something else lol.

Tram Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:32 pm

Chickensoup wrote: Tram wrote: Ceckert64 wrote: Chickensoup wrote: Glenn wrote: Jennepher wrote: Tram wrote: Don't try to gaslight us- it's all Jennepher's iron fist. :roll:

I do it for the cookies.

anyhow,

when i finish my car and decide to become un broke, im buying a 12 month for me and a few others.

everett, if i pay dbl, can you make my star a cookie or a bowel of soup? what if i sent you the code. of course, i would need to see what youve got down for the current star. now everyones gonna want to change their star to something else lol.

Great idea! I'll take a red sickle and hammer, just to keep the myth alive. I won't send Comrade Everett to the Gulag if he does this for me.

What am I saying? He lives in Arizona! He's probably really digging a trip to Siberia about now.

But seriously- moderhating's not a real job? I hear real jobs have gone the way of the 3 Martini lunch. Work has been no fun since. :cry:

Chickensoup Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:48 pm

Tram wrote: Chickensoup wrote: Tram wrote: Ceckert64 wrote: Chickensoup wrote: Glenn wrote: Jennepher wrote: Tram wrote: Don't try to gaslight us- it's all Jennepher's iron fist. :roll:

I do it for the cookies.

anyhow,

Great idea! I'll take a red sickle and hammer, just to keep the myth alive. I won't send Comrade Everett to the Gulag if he does this for me.

What am I saying? He lives in Arizona! He's probably really digging a trip to Siberia about now.

But seriously- moderhating's not a real job? I hear real jobs have gone the way of the 3 Martini lunch. Work has been no fun since. :cry:

comunism+martini luch? no. comunism+ drinking vodka on the job? yes. problem solved. be happy now :D wait a second! wth are you whining about? your can eat or drink and do whatever tf you want on the samba job :lol: so i suppose its not a real job??

EverettB Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:32 pm

Chickensoup wrote: Tram wrote: Ceckert64 wrote: Chickensoup wrote: Glenn wrote: Jennepher wrote: Tram wrote: Don't try to gaslight us- it's all Jennepher's iron fist. :roll:

I do it for the cookies.

anyhow,

I can change your avatar if you want. :)

Here's a cookie 🍪

Tram Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:07 am

EverettB wrote: Chickensoup wrote: Tram wrote: Ceckert64 wrote: Chickensoup wrote: Glenn wrote: Jennepher wrote: Tram wrote: Don't try to gaslight us- it's all Jennepher's iron fist. :roll:

I do it for the cookies.

anyhow,

I can change your avatar if you want. :)

Here's a cookie 🍪

Damn. I wanted to see the "bowel of soup". Billy the Dog had one of those on his walk today.

Xevin Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:26 am

Glenn wrote: Jennepher wrote: Tram wrote: Don't try to gaslight us- it's all Jennepher's iron fist. :roll:

I do it for the cookies.

Interesting Glenn. What would Fred do it for :-k

Abscate Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:26 am

EverettB wrote: Chickensoup wrote: Glenn wrote: Chickensoup wrote: My biggest issue with Facebook forums is the amount of clueless goons who post complete bologna sandwich because it's easy to post on facebook and there aren't any real consequences. The odds of getting good advice on here is far greater than fakebook :)
So I take that moderators are a good thing.

100 percent.... unless that mod is a clueless goon, I guess no then. But all the mods here are fair and actually do there job. Or is it even a real job? Idk. Either way, you guys get the job done paid or not.

It's not a "real job" but if you think stuff is well moderated here a big part of that is the moderators and they deserve all the compliments.

Stuff isn’t well moderated here. It’s excellently moderated here.

Kudos to all of you/them/those.

Chickensoup Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:04 am

damn! i got a cookie and i dont even work here :D thanks Everett!

Pez Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:11 am

Thought STF had gone offline years ago, it was my first source of VW content after I had gotten my first car / Volkswagen. Think I was 14 almost 15 when I signed up? Makes me sick to think that was just about 19 years ago... STF was an awesome site back then but man, remember feeling like I hit the big leagues when I eventually found the Samba. Is it sad I originally came over for the Rants and Raves?

Manfred58sc Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:40 pm

This is , by far, is the best run and organized forum I've ever interacted with. Its resiliency against the rise of social media oblivion is no accident. Not every forum has this talent or dedication. Sadly much knowledge is lost.

calvinater Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:28 pm

Go Everritt Go

Samba rules the web!

Chickensoup Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:13 pm

calvinater wrote: Go Everritt Go

Samba rules the web!

calvinater wrote: Go Everett Go

Samba rules the web!

Fixed :wink: