TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: William Leonard Pickard Out on compassionate release
AZ Landshaper Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:48 am

Breaking: LSD Chemist William Leonard Pickard to be Released From Prison

https://twitter.com/PsychedelicLozo/status/1286845337127096321?cxt=HGwWgsCghYTB5dsjAAAA

About time. 20 f-in years in prison for producing something relatively harmless.

Sand served 6 years and others even less although there are longer sentences due to the War on Drugs. Thanks U.S. Pres. Richard Nixon (sarcasm noted).

AZ Landshaper Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:05 am

And the Sacklers are chilling..

[email protected] Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:47 am

AZ Landshaper wrote:

About time. 20 f-in years in prison for producing something relatively harmless.

so the scum bag had multiple labs manufacturing this shit, dealt in cash and shouldn't be punished? real stand up guy :roll:

wonder how many people died thinking they could fly...

Zundfolge1432 Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:52 am

Not everybody tried to fly.

Tram Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:55 am

The war on drugs is the stupidest waste of resources and lives ever. Legalize it all, and make the rules the same as for alcohol. Redirect incarceration costs to treatment for those who want and need it.

Isn't 50 years of fail enough? :roll:

Pez Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:32 pm

Tram wrote: The war on drugs is the stupidest waste of resources and lives ever. Legalize it all, and make the rules the same as for alcohol. Redirect incarceration costs to treatment for those who want and need it.

I agree 100% on marijuana, but all? I have watched Meth destroy good people and I don't believe other than in extremely rare occurrences does anyone ever recovery from it. I do agree, the system is broken. But look at the amount of funding these "private" prisons get and you understand why the US leads the world in prison pop.

Glenn Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:43 pm

Zundfolge1432 wrote: Not everybody tried to fly.

Tram Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:45 pm

Pez wrote: Tram wrote: The war on drugs is the stupidest waste of resources and lives ever. Legalize it all, and make the rules the same as for alcohol. Redirect incarceration costs to treatment for those who want and need it.

I agree 100% on marijuana, but all? I have watched Meth destroy good people and I don't believe other than in extremely rare occurrences does anyone ever recovery from it. I do agree, the system is broken. But look at the amount of funding these "private" prisons get and you understand why the US leads the world in prison pop.

Well- if it's legal, it can be regulated, and we could possibly get rid of the drug cartels as well. Everclear and Maker's Mark are both legal, but how many people choose Everclear?

With things like meth you have to wonder how much of the damage is caused by the assholes cooking it. That's not to say that meth will ever be good for you, but I think the fact that our entire supply of these drugs are made and distributed by murderers has got to have some effect on the quality.

We should have learned all this with Prohibition. Actually, we did, but the lesson didn't stick.

Tram Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:47 pm

Glenn wrote: Zundfolge1432 wrote: Not everybody tried to fly.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I was going to mention that JFK, Jr. tried to fly WITHOUT LSD, and that didn't go very well, either- not to mention John Denver...

AZ Landshaper Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:32 pm

I put this guy into the category of nonviolent offenders. I donít believe you should locking nonviolent offenders away for life in a system that profits by keeping people behind bars. Heís most likely being released because the cost benefit analysis of keeping an aging Person in prison is no longer profitable and CoVid has made that more obvious. He was wrong to repeatedly break laws esp after being caught the first time but the sentence was barbaric. The prosecutor was overzealous. And his lab in the silo never produced one microgram of anything. I know two people intimately involved with the case. One is a KS state trouper the other a court reporter. The witnesses were given immunity from charges including kidnapping and torture so that they would testify against the chemists.

Died trying to fly? U mean like a bird? I assume you also think the brain resembles a pan of frying eggs after you smoke a joint or drink tequila for that matter.
From Redtek to hemp the decisions in this country are being made by big corporations ever more often. Letís hope they never decide independent mechanics are bad for big business or youíll be doing a nickel or working under the table.

I have utmost respect for the opinions of everyone. I was raised by conservatives and married a liberal. I fall in the middle. I make my decisions with science in mind and compassion. Iím not profit driven or I wouldnít do the work I do or drive this old van. More people should be wearing ankle bracelets and working for a living. Not sitting in cells on yours and my dime.

AZ Landshaper Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:11 pm

Sorry Everett I shouldíve known that this is just like Covid and loaded with politics