TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: The VW dealer
Zundfolge1432 Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:09 pm

I had occasion to visit local VW dealership today, first time in years. As you know they recently changed their corporate logo to a different design and in this case they carried the old one out back to discard. I inquired about it and was told they are awaiting word from VWOA on how to dispose of. Damn thing is big and it looks heavy, theyíve got it in a secure area so it wonít fit in someoneís lunchbox. I also went inside and lo and behold theyíve got a 77 convertible on the floor to look at. Although this dealer has changed names and owners several times itís been here since the 70s. I also noticed they sell a bunch of VW items although some of itís priced crazy high. Back around 1989 I came to this same place and met the service manager who had been with VW since the 60s starting as a mechanic. He was my friend for many years and died several years ago. I think of him often.

Spraker was the other dealership across town, this one was memorial VW for years.

Hereís all the swag

The sign on the hill, itís big and heavy Iím not giving up just yet😀

Floating VW Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:03 pm

Dude, you gotta get that sign.

Rent a flatbed, get yourself some bolt cutters and bribe a couple of local delinquents for muscle if you have to, but get that sign!

Glenn Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:23 pm

Floating VW wrote: Dude, you gotta get that sign.
Why?

finster Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:41 am

Zundfolge1432 wrote:

but that's not the new logo on the wall...

67 Florida Deluxe Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:09 pm

Zundfolge1432 wrote:

I just noticed the dealer sticker is the same style as the one on my former '67. Still the same style after 10 years, pretty cool!

67ctbug Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:27 pm

67 Florida Deluxe wrote: Zundfolge1432 wrote:

I just noticed the dealer sticker is the same style as the one on my former '67. Still the same style after 10 years, pretty cool!

You can still buy them! I made up a few with my YouTube channel.