TheSamba.com Forums
 
  View original topic: Dual hurricanes Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Erik G Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:51 am

or HUR-IH-CN'

Keep Louisiana and Texas in your thoughts, it's gonna be a wild week

fuckin' 2020 right? Fires in the west and dual hurrican's in the gulf. :roll:

Zundfolge1432 Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:13 am

First one I remember was 1969 Camille, 10 years later 79 Fredrick. Whatís odd is that they are becoming more frequent and intense. Also the one in 2005 that decimated New Orleans. My dad still lives down there. You are in our thoughts and I trust you know how to deal with this.

Q-Dog Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:19 am

The "cone of uncertainty" for both of these storms crisscross over where I live. As of right now, the first one will probably die out before it gets to us. But the second one has everything it needs to become a category 3, which would be able to deliver sustained winds over 100 mph to our area for several hours.

Looks like a normal day today, so far. I have gas for the generator. Need to make a run to the grocery and secure a few more things around the house.

mark tucker Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:24 pm

yup, been raining hear for 24 hours,I dont think your gonna get a lot of wind hopefuly the first one will just cool the gulf enough to calm the 2nd one down so it's just a small blo and rain... now if those fokes in calll would all suck in thier gut at the same time possibly some of that rain will got to them for the fires. I wish they would pipe some ocean up to the fire prone areas for fire suppression. they could even put a salt water lake in the mountains :shock:

VWAdam Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:32 pm

I was able to have my VW show on Saturday and a large group always comes up from New Orleans. They didn't seem too terribly worried since they weren't large storms and one of them works as an electrician for the drainage pumps in New Orleans. He was pumped up about getting emergency and overtime pay so he can buy more VW parts :lol:

Abscate Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:42 am

Itís only odd that the frequency is up if you are a climate change denier

Abscate Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:20 am

mark tucker wrote: yup, been raining hear for 24 hours,I dont think your gonna get a lot of wind hopefuly the first one will just cool the gulf enough to calm the 2nd one down so it's just a small blo and rain... now if those fokes in calll would all suck in thier gut at the same time possibly some of that rain will got to them for the fires. I wish they would pipe some ocean up to the fire prone areas for fire suppression. they could even put a salt water lake in the mountains :shock:

You can get more of these posts with a Samba premium membership, always a pleasure , Mark.

LAGrunthaner Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:06 am

Hang in there Erik G, will keep you and Texas in my thoughts, stay strong.

Erik G wrote: or HUR-IH-CN'

Keep Louisiana and Texas in your thoughts, it's gonna be a wild week

fuckin' 2020 right? Fires in the west and dual hurrican's in the gulf. :roll:

bigdog1962 Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:51 am

And just like that, here comes another one...Laura.

cdennisg Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:53 am

Abscate wrote: Itís only odd that the frequency is up if you are a climate change denier

An interesting article regarding the question of frequency.

https://www.clickorlando.com/weather/2020/05/24/wh...ne-season/

bigdog1962 Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:50 am

Here's another certainty - around these parts - Georgia (the Peach state) and neighboring South Carolina - every spring, there is a frost and the news always comes out about how it hurt the peach crop. And, to expect higher than usual prices. Every year, year after year.

Erik G Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:03 am

cdennisg wrote: Abscate wrote: Itís only odd that the frequency is up if you are a climate change denier

An interesting article regarding the question of frequency.

https://www.clickorlando.com/weather/2020/05/24/wh...ne-season/

and better/more satellites, TV, Social media etc to talk about them and hype them up.

Work (very large power company) sent a large group of us to Austin to ride out the storm. We are staying in the Hilton at the airport, which was a top air force base after WW2 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bergstrom_Air_Force_Base

I stayed here for about 2 weeks during hurricane harvey. not fun. hope this blows over quick and doesnt cause as much damage as some are predicting. This time, I have a half wild cat that adopted me. I couldnt leave her alone in a hurricane, so she got to come along for the ride. It has not been pleasant 😾

KTPhil Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:02 pm

bigdog1962 wrote: Here's another certainty - around these parts - Georgia (the Peach state) and neighboring South Carolina - every spring, there is a frost and the news always comes out about how it hurt the peach crop. And, to expect higher than usual prices. Every year, year after year.

It's like how all the children in Lake Wobegon are above average...

mark tucker Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:47 pm

one had a h on it and the other one also had a h on it...so..Houma and Houston get storms.

LAGrunthaner Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:13 am

Erik G, sounds like you and your new kitty will be safe, how is your home & VW? I hope you were able to secure them as best as possible. Sending loads of positive Karma to Texas. Kitty's name? You are awesome for rescuing her during all of this and I hope she helps distract you and add some calm.

Erik G wrote: cdennisg wrote: Abscate wrote: Itís only odd that the frequency is up if you are a climate change denier

An interesting article regarding the question of frequency.

https://www.clickorlando.com/weather/2020/05/24/wh...ne-season/

and better/more satellites, TV, Social media etc to talk about them and hype them up.

Work (very large power company) sent a large group of us to Austin to ride out the storm. We are staying in the Hilton at the airport, which was a top air force base after WW2 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bergstrom_Air_Force_Base

I stayed here for about 2 weeks during hurricane harvey. not fun. hope this blows over quick and doesnt cause as much damage as some are predicting. This time, I have a half wild cat that adopted me. I couldnt leave her alone in a hurricane, so she got to come along for the ride. It has not been pleasant 😾

Erik G Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:16 pm

LAGrunthaner wrote: Erik G, sounds like you and your new kitty will be safe, how is your home & VW? I hope you were able to secure them as best as possible. Sending loads of positive Karma to Texas. Kitty's name? You are awesome for rescuing her during all of this and I hope she helps distract you and add some calm.

Erik G wrote: cdennisg wrote: Abscate wrote: Itís only odd that the frequency is up if you are a climate change denier

An interesting article regarding the question of frequency.

https://www.clickorlando.com/weather/2020/05/24/wh...ne-season/

and better/more satellites, TV, Social media etc to talk about them and hype them up.

Work (very large power company) sent a large group of us to Austin to ride out the storm. We are staying in the Hilton at the airport, which was a top air force base after WW2 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bergstrom_Air_Force_Base

I stayed here for about 2 weeks during hurricane harvey. not fun. hope this blows over quick and doesnt cause as much damage as some are predicting. This time, I have a half wild cat that adopted me. I couldnt leave her alone in a hurricane, so she got to come along for the ride. It has not been pleasant 😾

Thanks Linda, little Bootsy Collins (grey tabby with white boots) and I are doing well now that the 2 hour car ride is over, hopefully better on the way back. No VW's right now but my Nissan 720 is high and dry in my driveway, which has never flooded since built in '74

fingers crossed, and keep Louisiana in your thoughts. this is gonna be a bad one :(

LAGrunthaner Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:32 pm

Wow Erik G, I've been thinking of you and the others in the path of hurricane Laura all day. Many prayers coming your way. Glad to have a name for your little friend, Bootsy Collins :D Our little 720's are tough little trucks hope to hear good news in the near future. Looking forward to a pic of little Bootsy Collins too. Know we are reading your posts and sending hope through the electronic world. Good luck tonight.

Erik G wrote: LAGrunthaner wrote: Erik G, sounds like you and your new kitty will be safe, how is your home & VW? I hope you were able to secure them as best as possible. Sending loads of positive Karma to Texas. Kitty's name? You are awesome for rescuing her during all of this and I hope she helps distract you and add some calm.

Erik G wrote: cdennisg wrote: Abscate wrote: Itís only odd that the frequency is up if you are a climate change denier

An interesting article regarding the question of frequency.

https://www.clickorlando.com/weather/2020/05/24/wh...ne-season/

and better/more satellites, TV, Social media etc to talk about them and hype them up.

Work (very large power company) sent a large group of us to Austin to ride out the storm. We are staying in the Hilton at the airport, which was a top air force base after WW2 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bergstrom_Air_Force_Base

I stayed here for about 2 weeks during hurricane harvey. not fun. hope this blows over quick and doesnt cause as much damage as some are predicting. This time, I have a half wild cat that adopted me. I couldnt leave her alone in a hurricane, so she got to come along for the ride. It has not been pleasant 😾

Thanks Linda, little Bootsy Collins (grey tabby with white boots) and I are doing well now that the 2 hour car ride is over, hopefully better on the way back. No VW's right now but my Nissan 720 is high and dry in my driveway, which has never flooded since built in '74

fingers crossed, and keep Louisiana in your thoughts. this is gonna be a bad one :(

Zundfolge1432 Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:51 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyZD7eoHZT8

Tram Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:45 pm

Erik G wrote: LAGrunthaner wrote: Erik G, sounds like you and your new kitty will be safe, how is your home & VW? I hope you were able to secure them as best as possible. Sending loads of positive Karma to Texas. Kitty's name? You are awesome for rescuing her during all of this and I hope she helps distract you and add some calm.

Erik G wrote: cdennisg wrote: Abscate wrote: Itís only odd that the frequency is up if you are a climate change denier

An interesting article regarding the question of frequency.

https://www.clickorlando.com/weather/2020/05/24/wh...ne-season/

and better/more satellites, TV, Social media etc to talk about them and hype them up.

Work (very large power company) sent a large group of us to Austin to ride out the storm. We are staying in the Hilton at the airport, which was a top air force base after WW2 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bergstrom_Air_Force_Base

I stayed here for about 2 weeks during hurricane harvey. not fun. hope this blows over quick and doesnt cause as much damage as some are predicting. This time, I have a half wild cat that adopted me. I couldnt leave her alone in a hurricane, so she got to come along for the ride. It has not been pleasant 😾

Thanks Linda, little Bootsy Collins (grey tabby with white boots) and I are doing well now that the 2 hour car ride is over, hopefully better on the way back. No VW's right now but my Nissan 720 is high and dry in my driveway, which has never flooded since built in '74

fingers crossed, and keep Louisiana in your thoughts. this is gonna be a bad one :(

Yes, it is. Maybe Cat 5, with 20 foot storm surge? Yikes... :shock: :cry:
Stay safe out there.

Q-Dog Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:52 am

The storm made landfall about 2 hours ago, with about 150mph winds in Cameron parish, south of Lake Charles, La. One of the strongest storms to ever make landfall here. Reports starting to come in of structual damage in the Lake Charles area. Winds there are still 100-120mph 2 hours later.

The eye of this storm is about 60 or 70 miles west of me. A couple of heavy tropical rain bands have come through here so far. Max wind gusts for me only about 50mph so far. We expect higher winds before daylight. Currently have tornado watches for my area, and power has been flickering. Too much wind noise to sleep. I'll probably have some trees down.



Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group