TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Any good news out there? Let's start. Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
mark tucker Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:24 pm

I think the rain has stopped!!!! and holy shit 62 degrees in florida in september...this is september isant it?

Zundfolge1432 Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:05 am

Lots of good news right here. https://www.karunavirus.servicespace.org/?gclid=EA...gLyUfD_BwE

nsracing Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:40 am

So far..fall is coming in w/ a lot of sun. I am happy -

Yardwork is aplenty and sunny is nice to have. Got some wood to burn in the pit and meat to smoke/bbq, beer to drink.

While yesterday, I sighted my new battle rifle - cloverleaf is her middle name. nice tight groups.

Other than the Covid, I have not complaints. cannot wait for bow-season.

mark tucker Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:45 am

dont go and get all bowed up on us now!!!! as for the sun....well 4 days ago it was 62 degrees...now it's so effing humid it could be 98 degrees or more, I havent a clue.

calvinater Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:03 pm

Autumn in Vt. Pretty nice so far.

KTPhil Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:21 pm

My grandfather cited a poem about fall that is applicable in about a month.

"Melancholy Days"

Melancholy days are here.
Too warm for whiskey, too cold for beer.

Chickensoup Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:32 pm

Weather here is beautiful here as well :D good pan welding temperatures 8)

Abscate Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:39 pm

We got 27 amazing years of progress for the majority of the US population from the efforts of the top of the class of Columbia Law , 1959.

KTPhil Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:30 am

Abscate wrote: We got 27 amazing years of progress for the majority of the US population from the efforts of the top of the class of Columbia Law , 1959.

If only it was 28...

Zundfolge1432 Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:46 am

KTPhil wrote: Abscate wrote: We got 27 amazing years of progress for the majority of the US population from the efforts of the top of the class of Columbia Law , 1959.

If only it was 28...

As uncle Bob used to say ď wish in one hand and shit in the other, see which one fills up more quickly.

Mal evolent Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:03 pm

good news: got my income tax back ( fed ). I was thinking maybe I sent it to someone elses bank account

got my LMS 3990 mini mill on the way, been wanting that for years.

And I killed that POS TOM

The Obnoxious Mouse. Loud, rude, arrogant little bastard. ran across the floor like he is the one paying the rent. making so much noise you are looking for a squirrel, or badger.

he pushed snap traps out of the way with his nose. he figured out how to get out of those steel humane traps with the plastic window on top. he leaves calling cards on the edges of glue traps

as irritating as a 19 year old with a skateboard and a mohawk and a nose ring.

I noticed he ran out from under a workbench, right in front of me, under a roll around cart, and under a shelf. I set angle irons along the shelf. I set an angle iron across the shelf and lined the end of the shelf with snap traps, jammed up against the angle iron across the shelf. No bait, just placement. about an hour later I heard him run across the floor. under the roll around cart. pause... then thrashing and struggle. after a while he came out from under the roll around cart with his paw jammed under the yellow plastic tab on the snap trap. it took 4 robust thumps with the mousemoosherator ( a 4X4 ) to stop the wiggling.

last night was the first quiet night I have had in months.

finster Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:33 pm

Hats off to this guy
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-england-humber-54316303

67rustavenger Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:18 pm

Fall has arrived and the hunting season is on.
My SIL had an opportunity to take a buck on opening day of the Bow season. We passed on it.
We're currently out of freezer space. They are full of beef awaiting customer pick up.
I'm looking forward to the rifle deer and elk seasons coming up.
We did well last year. Took 5 older bucks that were at their prime. The elk were left alone. Not this year.

We had substantial rain this week. That helped allot with the local wildfire issues. It also helped the cow pastures begin to green up nicely.
The weather forecast this coming week. Calls for 75-80į days. :D

Work has been good. We are in the midst of building one of the worlds most advanced computer chip fabs. This will keep me busy for the next 4-5 years. :) I might actually be able to retire before I die. :shock: If this pace keeps up.
We never slowed construction during the covid "stay at home orders" from the state Gov.

I hope that all of you fellow sambinistas have a great fall season and we all get past the damn unseen killer mingling among us.

Perry

nsracing Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:33 am

I have never shot an elk - lottery is most states.

Waiting to get my bow re-strung. I want to kill some this year. I am building my smoker from an old water tank.

I don't really like to wander late in the rifle season when all the yahoos are out there... but may make an exception this year. Get the M14-civilian to stretch her legs.

LAGrunthaner Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:47 am

Wow good for him, =D> =D> =D>
Anyone have a video of that?

finster wrote: Hats off to this guy
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-england-humber-54316303

Abscate Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:35 am

Iím not a hunter but people who bow hunt get my admiration. Thatís a real skill vs popping off a few rounds. When I was group manager in MT, my lead manufacturing guy would take off week for the start of a Bow season for Bear.

Taking Bear with a Bow. Respect.

cbeck Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:55 am

The good. Would like to thank the people of Kentucky for Missouri's first ever licensed elk season. The bad is there was only 5 tags in the lottery.

Floating VW Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:45 pm

I don't mean to touch off a twenty page rant that ends up getting this thread locked, but I thought this was good news:

According to the latest estimates (see sites listed below) by the CDC and Worldometer concerning the coronavirus pandemic, people under the age of 19 have a 99.997% chance of surviving a Covid 19 infection; people between 20 and 49 have a 99.98% chance; people between 50 and 69 have a 99.5% chance, and older than 70 have a 94.6% chance.

Of the cases still active at the moment, 99.4% have only mild symptoms, and about 40% never develop any symptoms at all (and the asymptomatic people appear to be 25% less infectious than the rest of us mere mortals).

That means only 0.6% of active cases are classified as severe to critical which require hospitalization and possibly the ICU, and if you do end up in the ICU, people between the ages of 50 and 65 still have a 90% survival rate, and people between 18 and 49 have a whopping 97.6% chance of survival. Older than 65? Well, it's not great, but you're still getting about 3 to 1 odds of pulling through.

So, despite what they say in the news, it appears we might not all die after all. In fact, according to this site: https://injuryfacts.nsc.org/all-injuries/preventable-death-overview/odds-of-dying/ , in my age group, it appears I have about the same chance of getting killed by someone riding a bicycle as I do of Covid 19. Unless the guy riding the bicycle also has Covid 19- then I'm probably screwed.

Sites: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/plan...5UXzalabGg and https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/?fbclid=...r5FLpn42Qw

typ914 Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:51 pm

To change the subject so it dose not get shut down.
This is good news to me.
The wife and I signed a contract on a beach house vacation rental property! We should close in about 2 weeks. This is our second rental property but the first vacation rental.