TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Placement for sub woofer
Andymon Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:37 am

I have an Alpine subwoofer. It is about 13" x 9" x 3". I would like suggestions on where to put it in our 85 Westy. I have an inverter and aux battery behind the drivers seat so can't go there. I'm thinking maybe in the passenger foot well or maybe under the rear bench seat. Pics of yours and any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!

dabaron Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:46 am

i have removed the rear heater and have my sub there. while your sub design differs from mine, you will have lots of bass as the bench "box" does a fine job as a passive resonator.

fishgo Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:48 am

Andymon wrote: I have an Alpine subwoofer. It is about 13" x 9" x 3". I would like suggestions on where to put it in our 85 Westy. I have an inverter and aux battery behind the drivers seat so can't go there. I'm thinking maybe in the passenger foot well or maybe under the rear bench seat. Pics of yours and any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!

Behind or underneath the driver's seat? Mine is under the seat in the battery box area.

erste Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:40 am

Check this thread:
Best place for subwoofer in Vanagon??

On page 7, Åsmund T3 has one of the cleanest installs I've seen under the rear bench, firing up.