TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Old Speed Disk Brake For Stock 14 Inch Wheels
chakarian Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:25 pm

I know there are some old forum threads related to which disk brakes to use but I wanted to provide this info as I feel it will be more helpful and up to date. After doing a lot of reading and searching I fortunately talked to Russ at Old Speed and purchased the front disk brake he puts together for the split bus. The rotor is very legit. Don't want to give away his secret as to what rotor he uses but as you can see in the photos it is legit rotor. He uses the wilwood 4 piston caliper also. All I wanted was to have good quality front disk brakes without having to change out wheels and tires and after about two years of driving with these I am very happy with this set up.

hitest Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:59 pm

Have any pics with a stock 14 actually mounted on those? Please provide the final chapter to the story.

ezcamper Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:32 pm

I have the same brakes on my 65 with stock 14" wheels. I used a 67 only MC and they stop great.... even when towing 2,000 lbs.

srfndoc Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:46 pm

I have the same set with stock 15" bus rims and they are great. Russ is the suspension king.

[email protected] Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:19 pm

Thanks for the positive feedback!