TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Thank you Samba!
bjrogers86auto Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:44 am

This past July, after 12 years of van ownership, we have sold our 86 Westy. It was a fantastic adventure with 90,000 kms of memories. We travelled coast to coast with two kids and all around the Maritime provinces here on the East Coast of Canada. The success of many of those trips were in part this website and the info gleaned and provided here. I have made friends within the community and one directly from here on Thesamba. I cannot express enough how thankful I am for all the help and advice provided by so many people here!!!

Thank you!!!

campism Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:39 am

Sorry to see you go but when the time comes to move on you must. You can always get another Vanagon!

Steve M. Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:12 am

Good on you, but you're going to miss us! :D

danfromsyr Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:35 am

I'll pop the top in your honor..

it's been good hearing your stories and insights over the years..
I've never been to N.S. but it's always been on my travel wish list.

the joker Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:13 pm

So long :arrow: but you never know :? VW are a hard habit to break :shock:

I have been to NS, with my westy, :arrow: it was awesome , just wish we had more time there, maybe be back someday.

bjrogers86auto Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:30 pm

Not an easy decision as you all can imagine. I was getting tired of the cycle of maintenance and decided it was a good time to make a change.

Definitely going to miss driving her...

This is an awesome community and I will miss it for sure!

Brian

Corwyn Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:05 pm

We'll be here if and when you come back! Safe travels!

rogertj Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:30 pm

bjrogers86auto wrote: Not an easy decision as you all can imagine. I was getting tired of the cycle of maintenance and decided it was a good time to make a change.

Brian

So whats next in the list? The new European VW California van? :D

Zeitgeist 13 Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:32 pm

I'm thankful to the Samba for helping me keep my anger management issues in check.

Abscate Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:40 pm

Zeitgeist 13 wrote: I'm thankful to the Samba for helping me keep my anger management issues in check.

EB, please donít let the site go SUBARU.

Zeitgeist 13 Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:44 pm

Too late

16CVs Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:38 pm

So what you list it for and what did it sell for? Always interested in real world selling numbers.

Stacy

bjrogers86auto Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:03 am

rogertj wrote: bjrogers86auto wrote: Not an easy decision as you all can imagine. I was getting tired of the cycle of maintenance and decided it was a good time to make a change.

Brian

So whats next in the list? The new European VW California van? :D

We bought a [email protected] 320 teardrop trailer this summer. It's small, like a westy, packed with conveniences, like a westy, great sleep, like a westy without any mechanical. :)

Timwhy Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:12 pm

bjrogers86auto wrote: and one directly from here on Thesamba.

I think I know that Guy!

Hope to see you and the Fam in 2021, we miss you guys!

rogertj Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:19 am

bjrogers86auto wrote: We bought a [email protected] 320 teardrop trailer this summer. It's small, like a westy, packed with conveniences, like a westy, great sleep, like a westy without any mechanical. :)

Does are really fun trailer a friend actually built one himself. I was in the proyect of building trailers some years ago but the proyect never took off the ground. When I went to his house I was like awwwwwww :D

bjrogers86auto Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:10 am

Timwhy wrote: bjrogers86auto wrote: and one directly from here on Thesamba.

I think I know that Guy!

Hope to see you and the Fam in 2021, we miss you guys!

One way or another...may be some illegal border crossing in our future!

rogertj Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:02 am

bjrogers86auto wrote: One way or another...may be some illegal border crossing in our future!

Future? In the past!

My Great grand father stoled my great grandma 1913 from San Diego county! Look at what I found in the San Diego Recorders Office!

There where no borders back then!

Whos going to pay for the wall? :D :D :D :D :D :D