TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: H4 kit : parking light hole
maco70 Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:52 am

Hi,

I wonder to know what to do with the hole, since I would not put the parking lens in ?

Am I better keep it open, or putting foil tape on, or electric tape on ?

Thanks in advance for your comment.

Martin

ALIKA T3 Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:57 am

Put aluminum tape on, it gets hot!!
Best would be to buy the proper socket that has a good o`ring to seal it...

RGS Paul Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:01 am

Why not just put the parking light in? They are super handy and look awesome when the main lights are off. I have 20W halogens in mine (round H4) to pre-heat the headlamps when things are icy.

Paul

maco70 Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:08 am

Yes, good point to install it, but simply don’t know why the parking lens doesn’t come with the « bundle kit » ...

Is the parking lens easy to plug, since there is no wire for that purpose in the stock housing ?

RGS Paul Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:07 pm

Ah, I see. Really great 'bundle,' I'm thinking we can guess the vendor. Ken has the sockets at Van-Again:

https://www.vanagain.com/shop/city-light-bulb-holder-for-h4-lights

nemobuscaptain Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:53 am

maco70 wrote: Yes, good point to install it, but simply don’t know why the parking lens doesn’t come with the « bundle kit » ...

Is the parking lens easy to plug, since there is no wire for that purpose in the stock housing ?
Are we required to hide the vendor now?

The Bus Depot kit comes with the light for those who dont want to repeat his mistake.

newerwesty1987 Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:25 pm

Get an LED from Superbright for it. Cheap and better than the old. Any color too.

RGS Paul Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:51 am

I didn't like the LED's that fit in the round H4's. They were't in the right place to illuminate the lens correctly and were hard to see from the front, they were very dim (I got the brightest ones that fit in the hole), and they don't produce much heat so they were useless to gently thaw the glass on cold days/mornings.

Paul