TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Hood hinges to body mount
vwfye Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:18 am

I am trying to find how the hinges themselves mount up in the cavity of the trunk to body area. My crappy eyes aren't giving me much to see, this will be by feel.
The car does not have anything mounted.

Thank you!

Bobnotch Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:37 am

vwfye wrote: I am trying to find how the hinges themselves mount up in the cavity of the trunk to body area. My crappy eyes aren't giving me much to see, this will be by feel.

Thank you!

I believe they bolt on from the dash side. Might be worth having a look in the blue Bentley, as I don't think the early style is covered in the brown one.

vwfye Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:50 am

ah, so under the dash I go... that should be interesting

andybla Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:58 am

Bobnotch wrote: vwfye wrote: I am trying to find how the hinges themselves mount up in the cavity of the trunk to body area. My crappy eyes aren't giving me much to see, this will be by feel.

Thank you!

I believe they bolt on from the dash side. Might be worth having a look in the blue Bentley, as I don't think the early style is covered in the brown one.

I think this is correct, here are some picture for you..

vwfye Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:13 pm

Thanks! Now I know what I am looking for!

Bobnotch Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:30 am

andybla wrote: Bobnotch wrote: vwfye wrote: I am trying to find how the hinges themselves mount up in the cavity of the trunk to body area. My crappy eyes aren't giving me much to see, this will be by feel.

Thank you!

I think this is correct, here are some picture for you..

Yup. You'll want to find the 2 shoulder bolts that fit the hinges too.